After update on Android - No personal settings!!! - Kodi splash is still blue
Hi,

Yesterday, on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, I've got an announcement, that Kodi 14 Beta 3 would be out. So, I started XBMC updater, downloaded and installed the Beta 3 update.

At first start, I saw a red Kodi splash logo, and at this time everything seemed to work as expected, and I started to watch streaming TV on the tablet, which comes from my DVBViewer server. Somewhere in the night, Kodi seemed to have a force-close somehow, while I was sleeping. Since then, if I start Kodi, the splash is blue again, like it was in the old Beta 2 version, and not red, like it is in the new Beta 3, and all my settings seem to be re-set to defaults.

I don't understand, why it starts the wrong version now. How can I fix this and restore my settings?

Please, could someone tell me, where settings files are stored? I want to do a backup for the next time when this happens again.

A device restart doesn't help.

Regards

Zoli
1.) PC: i5 750 2.67GHz, 6GB, Win7 x64, GeForce GT 330, XBMC 13.1, Dual-mon, on 2. monitor (1680x1050@60Hz, native res)
2.) Tablet: Samsung Tab 3 p5200: Kodi 14
3.) Phone: Samsung Galaxy A3: Kodi 17
4.) Media box: H96 Pro Plus (Alfawise), Android 7.1, Kodi 17
all devices streaming from a YaVDR server via VNSI addon
remonte: Yatse
Most likely it's because you have 2 versions on your device.

The old XBMC/Kodi (Alpha) and the new (just) Kodi (Beta) The new version has a new signature so it doesn't actually "update" the old version. It installs the new version and copies your userdata to the new version.

This is explained in the Blog: http://kodi.tv/kodi-14-0-helix-beta-1-springs-forward/

Quote:A Few Warnings and Notices

This release marks the switch to the new name Kodi. When you install this beta, your library and add-ons will be moved to Kodi, making reverting back to 13.2 fairly difficult. As such, it is recommended that you back up your library as well as your settings before installing Kodi.

Also, as Kodi is an unsigned application on OSX, you may need to go through a slightly different process to start it the first time. After you have copied Kodi to the Applications folder, you will need to “right click” or “two finger click” Kodi from within the Applications folder and select “Open” and then accept the warning. You should only need to do this the first time you run Kodi.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi, Tinwarble.

Thanks for the explanations. You're right. I had a short warning, where it said, that something would be transfered. But the popup disappeared so fast, that I wasn't able to read the complete thing. Maybe I clicked it away somehow accidentally, because I remember, that Kodi seemed to hang at that time.

In the second block of the quote you posted, it sais something of an applications folder. I'm using an Android device (Tablet, see my signature), so there is no such folder, as far as I know.

Unfortunately, I'm still missing something: how to gather access to the user data to do a backup? I'm aksing this, because due to the behaviour of the app, I'm quite sure, that this will happen again. I already looked for the files using ES File Explorer, and searching the term "Kodi". Some files and folders showed up (somewhere in 0/android/data...), most of them were empty, but the ones that weren't empty seemed to be interresting. When I was trying to look on their direct locations to copy them from there, the locations seemed to be unavailable. Maybe because my tablet isn't rooted?

Zoli
1.) PC: i5 750 2.67GHz, 6GB, Win7 x64, GeForce GT 330, XBMC 13.1, Dual-mon, on 2. monitor (1680x1050@60Hz, native res)
2.) Tablet: Samsung Tab 3 p5200: Kodi 14
3.) Phone: Samsung Galaxy A3: Kodi 17
4.) Media box: H96 Pro Plus (Alfawise), Android 7.1, Kodi 17
all devices streaming from a YaVDR server via VNSI addon
remonte: Yatse
Yes that was the complete quote from the Blog.

There is a userdata folder but it's in a hidden folder on Android, it'll be .xbmc (old), .kodi (new).

So for instance you'll have to navigate to sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
After update on Android - No personal settings!!! - Kodi splash is still blue0