Live TV Problems After Buffering
I'm having some problems with Live TV. The problem seems that after playing fine for a minute or two, the video starts to buffer, stalls, and then returns to the channels screen. Sometimes I can restart the same channel fine, but the same issue will occur within a few minutes. Other times when the channel is restarted, there is massive interfence making it totally unwatchable. Changing channels makes no difference. If I reboot the system I can watch another few minutes and then same issue. I've had this issue for about two weeks when I built the system.
I'm using a HD HomeRun DUAL, and running Kodibuntu 14.1 (Ubuntu 14.04.11) Git 38c4046 on an i5 NUC (64bit)
My signal is good, native TV channels are fine. I've CAT6 from HDHR to router and 5e to NUC.

Here's my Pastebin Mythtv Problem

Thanks for taking the time to read my problem and thanks in advance.

Cheers Big Grin
From a quick look at your log file there is problem connecting to the mythtv backend server:
ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: Failed to connect to MythTV backend on 127.0.0.1:6543

Need more debug information, can you enable "Include more debug information in log file" in MythTV PVR addon Advanced tab and post a new log.

Mike
(2015-02-15, 11:56)MikeB2013 Wrote: From a quick look at your log file there is problem connecting to the mythtv backend server:
ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: Failed to connect to MythTV backend on 127.0.0.1:6543

Need more debug information, can you enable "Include more debug information in log file" in MythTV PVR addon Advanced tab and post a new log.

Mike

Thanks for your quick reply. I turned on extra debug info, and my file is 4mb+, I'm having issues copying the text to Pastebin via my tablet (maxing out fx file managers memory). I'lI hop on my laptop tomorrow night (NZ time) and sort it out.

Cheers
(2015-02-15, 11:56)MikeB2013 Wrote: From a quick look at your log file there is problem connecting to the mythtv backend server:

Mike

Thanks for your help Mike. Heres my Log. She's a big one!
Your mythtv backend is quite old v0.27-193-g8ee257c
Suggest you update to latest mythtv 0.27 fixes which contains a lot of enhancements and bug fixes, some in the area of live tv.

From a terminal do

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mythbuntu/0.27
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

and then reboot the machine with sudo reboot

mythtv version should then be v0.27.4-33-g05dbcee (as of me writing this)

This may not solve your problem, but it will eliminate a lot of potential problems, giving a better point to investigate if the update does not solve the problem.

EDIT:
You can also try setting "Enable demuxing MPEG-TS" in Advanced tab of Mythtv PVR addon

Mike
reboot? This isn't window s

sudo service mythtv-backend restart
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I sussed it.

After trying your suggestions, I still had the same issue. I tried the MythTV Frontend from the Desktop, and had the same problem again. I ran the Backend Setup again and found I had duplicate instances of both tuners under capture cards, one for IP and the other for device name. Deleted them all and started afresh, just using the device names, and hey presto, it's not working like a charm.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV Problems After Buffering0