want to use a Amazon Fire TV remote with Kodi on Rpi 2
I want to use an Amazon Fire TV remote on my new Kodi on RaspBerry Pi 2. Can this be done? Family is very used to Fire TV remotes so why change things. I've got a FTV remote and a Logtitech USB key and have added the FTV keyboard map but it's not working. What else should I be trying? Is the logitech dongle causing my trouble? Need some guidance here.

Thanks,

Roveer
Do you have a Bluetooth adapter or is there one built-in to the Pi2?
(2015-09-29, 08:12)Hitcher Wrote: Do you have a Bluetooth adapter or is there one built-in to the Pi2?

The Pi 2 doesn't have Bluetooth built-in, so you'd need to have a USB Bluetooth receiver. I've had good results with cheap dongles and a PS3 Bluetooth Blu-ray remote on a Pi 2 - but not tried a FireTV remote.
I use my Fire TV stick remote on my Revo 3700 running Openelec with a cheap Bluetooth USB adapter.
(2015-09-29, 13:59)Hitcher Wrote: I use my Fire TV stick remote on my Revo 3700 running Openelec with a cheap Bluetooth USB adapter.

That's encouraging. Now I know it can be done. I tried this on OSMC (OS) with a Logitech USB adapter and it didn't work. I then tried getting the remote to connect with the Logitech Bluetooth adapter in my PC and it didn't work either so I'm suspecting that the Logitech BT adapter might be proprietary. I bought a generic BT USB adapter and will try again tonight.

For those who have done this (BT remote on RPi) did you have to pair it first in the OS before it would work in Kodi? The OSMC boots straight into Kodi so I'm not sure how I would do that if I had to.

I will say that when I use the Logitech USB adapter with a Logitech keyboard it works straight away including keyboard and touchpad.

Hopefully my problem is that the FTV remote would not pair with the Logitech USB adapter and once I try the generic that I picked up it will work. I've already installed the keyboard.xml file.

Roveer
I use OpenElec - and it has a Bluetooth Service enable option and then pairing options within the OpenElec add-on in Kodi.
(2015-09-30, 00:31)noggin Wrote: I use OpenElec - and it has a Bluetooth Service enable option and then pairing options within the OpenElec add-on in Kodi.

I'll have to build a Openelec. I used OSMC because I read the following thread and got the impression it was faster. I just went back and looked and noticed it was only a smidge faster. I normally use OpenElec. I read here: http://mymediaexperience.com/raspberry-p...h-raspbmc/

I just bought a new SDHC card so maybe I'll throw OpenElec on it tonight if the OSMC doesn't work.
Worked like a charm...

I found the add-on of OSMC and launched it. Buried in the network configuration was the Bluetooth config. Allowed me to enable BT on the USB buttton I bought and then allowed me to pair the FTV mini remote that I bought on Amazon for 14 bucks. Having already loaded the FTV Keyboard map from the wiki everything started working just great.

Other than the FTV remote being a little cheaper feeling than the full fledged FTV remote everything works just great. Considering that I'll be installing this in the car for the kids, 14 bucks is the right price point for me.

Roveer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
want to use a Amazon Fire TV remote with Kodi on Rpi 20