</rule>
    <rule field="title" operator="contains">
        <value />
    </rule>
    <group>none</group>
    <order direction="ascending">file</order>
</node>
I get exactly what I want.

So what's different/ what changes did I made to Karellens code?

I added:
xml:
<group>none</group>

Also I noticed that - when using the Library Node Editor - that choosing "file" as sorting order generates:
xml:
<order direction="ascending">filename</order>

when you change it to (like what Karellen proposed in the example):
xml:
the issue is solved.
Note that is now says file instead of filename.

Now I am just wondering what to chose in the Library Node Editor to generate
xml:

instead of:
xml:
 <order direction="ascending">filename</order>

Or is it a Library Node Editor issue?
(2024-05-21, 08:37)chromeboy Wrote:     <group>none</group>
Nice fix. I'll give that a try.
The Movie Set grouping is global, so affects all displayed lists.

(2024-05-21, 08:37)chromeboy Wrote: Or is it a Library Node Editor issue?
It is possible. There have been any updates to the addon for over four years.
You don't really need it as you can just create your own xml node files. In fact, I struggle to use it as I find it a bit confusing.
Are you using Windows? The node files are in Userdata (wiki)/library/video/movies folder
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Quote:The Movie Set grouping is global, so affects all displayed lists.
I know, took some effort to figure out how to bypass it for a specific node. Also strange that it works in a smart playlist, but when you use a smart playlist in the node, it seems that the global Movie Set grouping overrules...
Fortunately together with your info and suggestions I was able to figure it out!
Thank you so much!
Quote:It is possible. I don't think there have been any updates to the addon for a few versions.
You don't really need it as you can just create your own xml node files. In fact, I struggle to use it as I find it a bit confusing.
Are you using Windows? The node files are in Userdata (wiki)/library/video/movies folder
For now I just combine the Library Node Editor with manually adapting the XML files. Still trying to get familiar with the whole concept
It is just weird that there seems to be a difference in file and filename. Or maybe filename isn't working at all... 
Quote:Are you using Windows? The node files are in Userdata (wiki)/library/video/movies folder
Windows as well as Shield, but I found the location of the files. Just wondering is it also possible to change the genres in the movie library section? I know that you can changes categories bij adding or deleting the necessary XML files, but don't know if it is also possible for genre. Any ideas/suggestions?
(2024-05-21, 10:09)chromeboy Wrote: . Just wondering is it also possible to change the genres in the movie library section
Ask again in a new thread in OS Independent/Other sub forum, otherwise this node thread gets off track and difficult to search through.

When I get a chance, I'll test out the file/filename issue.

But glad you got the rest of it working. And thanks for figuring out that grouping workaround Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Smile 
(2024-05-21, 10:58)Karellen Wrote: When I get a chance, I'll test out the file/filename issue.
Let me know what you're finding are.

Once again thank you so much for you patience and pointing me in the right direction. 
Smile
Hi,

is it possible to set the background upon selecting a specific node. Like what happens when you select a specific movie?
If so, how?
So if I slect MCU I get a predefined MCU background, which disappaears as soon as one deselects or selects something else,
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] Library Node Examples5