0-235 or 16-235
hi! i have a pi2 and a tv sony. in the tv the color is calibrated in full rGb, 0-235 and in pi2 too.. is correct or i must change all to 16-235?? what is better?? i see blueray and 1080p videos...

thanks a lot!
Have a look at this thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=254875
I read the post but cant understand it. What is better for kodi in a pi2 with a sony tv? Rgb full or limited?? Thanks all!!!
(2016-03-09, 13:24)Boremc Wrote: I read the post but cant understand it. What is better for kodi in a pi2 with a sony tv? Rgb full or limited?? Thanks all!!!

I own no RPi but i would say limited as FULL only makes sense with Intel EGL Builds and 8 Bit Dithering applied. Wink
In almost all cases, the default will be correct.
That is limited range RGB with a TV (CEA) resolution and full range RGB with a monitor (DMT) resolution.
ok popconmix if i understand ok, in my own with a pi2 with openelec and a sony tv fullhd all in RGB limited 16-235 is right?? RGB limited in pi2 and RGB limited in sony tv
(2016-03-09, 14:03)Boremc Wrote: ok popconmix if i understand ok, in my own with a pi2 with openelec and a sony tv fullhd all in RGB limited 16-235 is right?? RGB limited in pi2 and RGB limited in sony tv

Yes. limited RGB is the default for normal TVs.
ok i put in limited. i see all in full hd (mkv series and films) and blurays... I apreciate better quality in limited that full? thanks a lot. what do u think @popcornmix?
(2016-03-09, 14:08)Boremc Wrote: ok i put in limited. i see all in full hd (mkv series and films) and blurays... I apreciate better quality in limited that full? thanks a lot. what do u think @popcornmix?

As long as all components are using the same colour space you won't see the difference.
Where the real problem comes in is if you force part of the system to use a different colour space without the rest of the system knowing
(e.g. if you force your TV to use full range RGB, but Kodi is producing limited range RGB you will get greyish blacks and poor quality).
ok instead is the same all in full rgb or all in rgb limited...
Yes, when RGB full is supported by your TV, then this is the first choice. Otherwise stay at default RGB lim.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
0-235 or 16-2350