client htpc's
Okay, I think I finally have my new htpc in the living setup with kodi/nextpvr/hdhr etc.

Now I have 2 more htpc's in 2 other rooms.

I want all the recorded tv to be saved on my main living room htpc (which it is setup for as of now) but I want the other 2 pc's to access it. Do I just install and setup nextpvr the same way as my living room htpc but set the recorded folder in settings to a network drive/living room htpc? Or is there a different/better way to setup the "client" pc's to access the recorded tv? I want to be able to set recordings as well from the other two htpc's.

thanks!
Just install the one main NextPVR server. It'll do all your recordings. Setup any kodi clients to use this server. If you're setting up any NextPVR clients, also configure it to be a client of that server. All the clients can schedule recordings, and watch recordings from the server.
So do not install the nextpvr app on the client machines (all win 10), just install/enable the pvr addon in kodi on those machines? What/where do I set it to use the server?

Also, I just realized my recordings are not showing. I have a few shows that have been recorded and are currently recording but I go to recordings and nothing is there. I have set the recording directory in nextpvr.

thanks again!
I installed a dual tuner system in a windows pc which acts as my media server running nextPVR software. All of my kodi clients can access this server which provides the ability to watch live TV, initiate recordings as well as play back recordings. This setup sounds like what you are trying to do.
(2016-03-10, 05:40)ShuhDonk Wrote: So do not install the nextpvr app on the client machines (all win 10), just install/enable the pvr addon in kodi on those machines? What/where do I set it to use the server?
You don't need installed on these machines if you're using. Just enable the NextPVR addon, and in the addon settings, set the ip address of your NextPVR server.
Okay, I have my 2 client pc's setup and is working great. I have one more problem though. I have my recorded shows on my main htpc setup in nextpvr. I have shows recorded.. the shows are in the folder I set but in kodi I go to recordings and nothing shows up. But I go to recordings on the two client pc's and all the recordings are there. Ideas what is going on and how to fix this?

thanks again

**nm, I just decided to close and reopen kodi on my main htpc to see if reloading may "fix it".. and sure enough, recordings now show up.

Next question, is there more skins or customizations to choose from for the guide when in kodi?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
client htpc's0