Different results between cable and wifi
Hi,
I am new in this forum. I am watching video by a Kodi implementation on a Raspberry pi (from Dit is TV).

A funny strange behaviour has come up: There is a difference based on how I connect the Raspberry to the Internet.

When I use the ethernet cable, and when I search for a stream, it will find occurences, but zero available sources.
When I use the built-in wifi, it will find the same occurences but than it will actually find available sources.

This means I have to stream over the WIFI, which will give me buffer delays every 20minutes or so.

The only difference , to my opinion, is that the cable gives me an other IP address in my internal network, than the WIFI.
However, both addresses are routable in my network and as said: the internet connection is the same until it comes to actually connecting to a source.

Does this make any sense ?
To me it does not.

Anny suggestions will be appreciated.

Thomas
If you are using Kodi as a way of watching illegally streamed content you won't find much support here I'm afraid.
No ,
i am not.

Anyhow, my topic was not on the Dutch law on streaming and the december 2015 rulings about commercial available mediaboxes that facilitate streaming. It is about the IP based behaviour with relation to sources.
It begs the question of the source's location, then a log file would help.
Keep in mind that regardless of your local's law regarding piracy, Team Kodi and its members are not going to provide support for piracy acts.
(2016-03-26, 16:34)Comakijken Wrote: No ,
i am not.

Anyhow, my topic was not on the Dutch law on streaming and the december 2015 rulings about commercial available mediaboxes that facilitate streaming. It is about the IP based behaviour with relation to sources.

We don't care about whether the laws in your country say your activities are legal or not. What you do with Kodi is your own business.

That being said, this forum does not provide support for installations that have piracy add-ons installed, regardless of whether your issue is related to them or not.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Routers can be fickle about IP addresses when it comes to routing. . Your answer is in your initial post. Try Manually assign the Ethernet as the same IP. You might wanna compare your lan settings to your Wan settings as well.

Dit TV is a prebuilt box so the mods are naturally gonna be skeptical of what add ons are installed on your set up
Box: Matircom G Box AMLS812
Kodi: SPMC
Skin APPTV
Connection ADSL(11MPS) , Ethernet
Game Systems : Wii, PS3
Cable Provider: WOW! (Wide Open West)
Media servers (windows 10 PC) Mediaportal, Playon, Kodi

Thank you,
i will try that.

and for the ease of mind for some: I have not added any ons.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Different results between cable and wifi0