v16 1080 video issue
Alright guys let see if anyone can help me out here and figure out what is going on. I have 2 sd card right now one has retropie with kodi 16 installed on it and the 2nd one is openelec beta running kodi 16.1rc both seem to have the same issue. This is wants going on so far both of them have fresh installs with kodi video output being set for 1280x720. With it set right now like this 1080 videos will play just fine but if if i change adjust refresh rate to always the 1080 video files will not play anymore but SD videos will play. I so far have figure out if i change the video output to 1920x1080 the videos will play fine again like there is no problem. This wasn't a problem previous on any of kodi 15 builds and only start for me on 16 and 16.1rc. So how come I cant seem to play 1080 videos with adjust refresh rate to always if kodi video output is set for 1280x720.
debug log (wiki) ?
Here is a debug log of it on openelec beta image of it not working.
http://xbmclogs.com/pjsgfzkkq

if you want a debug log of it in retropie or of it working on kodi 15 let me know
Are you using a computer monitor (rather than a TV)?
I wonder if some of the reported modes aren't actually supported?
In the gui, in system/video settings can you test if setting GUI to 1600x1200@60 works?

Also if you could capture the edid:
Code:
tvservice -d edid.dat
and get that file to me, I'd like to check if it works for me.
I am running on a TV and not a computer monitor.
I attempted the 1600x1200@60 and it just get the no signal screen pretty sure this TV doesn't support that resolution.

Here is a link to edid.dat
Your monitor reports support for 1600x1200@60 but doesn't support it.
I'd suggest either disabling "adjust display refresh rate to match video" or using an EDID editor to create a custom EDID without that mode,
and then place the file (named edid.dat) on boot partition and add "hdmi_edid_file=1" to config.txt.
ok ill give that a shot when i get a chance but I've got a question how come i didnt have this issue previously in kodi 15 and what does 1600x1200 have to do with playing a video that is 1920x1080
It used to always be that kodi wouldn't change resolution when adjusting refresh rate.

I believe PR8031 does allow resolution to be changed in some circumstances (when a refresh rate is only supported by a different resolution), so you wouldn't have hit this before Jarvis.
Quick question what program should i use to edit this edid.dat file i was trying Phoenix EDID Designer but i dont see how can can just change the resolutions in the file, also reading that paged you linked to i was just wonder is there been more worked on what fritsch was talking about on the last commit about trying to set up one of those three options or settings. He mentioned need a debug log and maybe mine could work also I do realize that post was back in Sep 2015
(2016-04-13, 22:28)mad61190 Wrote: Quick question what program should i use to edit this edid.dat file i was trying Phoenix EDID Designer but i dont see how can can just change the resolutions in the file, also reading that paged you linked to i was just wonder is there been more worked on what fritsch was talking about on the last commit about trying to set up one of those three options or settings. He mentioned need a debug log and maybe mine could work also I do realize that post was back in Sep 2015

Afraid I've not really played with the EDID editors, but a quick search shows there seem to be a few free ones.
The relevant bytes are between 38 and 53. I believe there is a 0xa9 (which equates to 1600) which needs to be a 0x01 (which disables it).
But you also should fix the checksum.
Alright so I successfully changed my edid.dat and removed the 1600 resolution and changed my config file. Just booted kodi again checked that the video output and it is not showing up anymore so I tested a video and it looks like its running just fine now.

If there is anything I can do to help test to fix this issue let me know so others don't have to go through this mess.

Thanks for the help.
(2016-04-14, 02:19)mad61190 Wrote: If there is anything I can do to help test to fix this issue let me know so others don't have to go through this mess.

I don't believe there is a kodi issue. Your TV reports it supports a mode that it doesn't. You might want to check if a firmware update of the TV is possible.
well I was just really talking about if they where going to try to do what fritsch said as it was the last commit not sure if it was something still being consider or dropped as an idea

fritsch commented on Sep 19, 2015

@FernetMenta Some shitty AVRs announce resolutions the TV or themselves cannot do, e.g. ... still awaiting a Debug Log on the forums, but I think we sadly need a setting :-( three options:

a) Disable it by default and only advancedsettings.xml can enable resolution switching
b) Enable it by default and only advancedsettings.xml can disable resolution switchign
c) Add a Setting under "Adjust Refreshrate to match video", like: Allow switching to higher resolutions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1080 video issue0