Pictures from the Internet?
I believe I am missing something here but I have looked through the online manual and couldnt find a solution.

I would like to be able to view some pictures on the internet which are updated daily(keep same address and filename). eg http://www.website.com/1.jpg

Will this need to be done through developing a picture plugin?

Thanks
you'll need to use a plugin/Python script, yeah. XBMC doesn't have any built-in way to deal with HTTP/web stuff.
Catchy Signature Here
There is a script called Navi-X which is developed for this. Navi-X is playlist browser/player for all types of media (video/audio/images). Media can be located anywhere on the internet.

The script ban be download at: http://home.planet.nl/~jon70928/

Use a text editor to create your personal playlist file (.plx).

If you start Navi-X you will find a number of examples showing how to create a playlist with (online) pictures.

Rodejo
Great, thanks I will give it a go. Sorry for posting in the wrong forum but I wasnt sure if it was core xbmc or plugin.
rodejo16,

I am trying to change the home.plx in order to go straight into my own playlist which contains the links to the images. To do this I changed the settings.py to point to home.plx and placed home.plx in the init folder. However i cant get it to work.

My question is not one asking for support as I know it is not how you intended people to add playlists but I was wondering if this is because you have done something to stop people from doing so?

For how the script was intended to be used, it has worked great so far, but a slow internet connection on my end makes alot of the content useless to stream so I was trying to neaten it up abit for my purposes.

Thanks.
ok, put home.plx up one directory and it works. I should be able to get it going how I want now. Thanks for the excellent comments in the code. makes it alot easier.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pictures from the Internet?0