HW scalers and HD audio codecs
Yeah, I understand, but I've never seen any affective difference in RAW/RAW & IEC/ RAW with any format.

It could be different for different setups, but on my end there wasn't any.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-05-29, 12:28)fritsch Wrote: If you use kodi on the other computer, too - then it's pure imagination as the bitstream packers are the same. So - same bitstream - on both devices.
How come there is a difference between Minix U9-H and Shield?. On the U9 many a times the stream doesn't have Pc information (at least that is what the HDMI analyzer reports). This doesn't happen at all on the Shield.
Driver bug? They skip some bytes internally?

I can only say: In IEC mode, we package the complete IEC frame, including the pause frame. Perhaps you see the difference, cause one of those two stutters more often and we need to add pause frames which AML under the hood handles differently?

Edit: Btw. we changed something in pause bursts computation lately, there was an ENDIAN issue. This currently lives in kodi-agile and was not yet commited to kodi's master.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-05-29, 21:09)fritsch Wrote: Driver bug? They skip some bytes internally?
That would have been my guess also. Anyways... it doesn't seem to bother the AVRs that much. I have only seen reports of audio drops with some older model Yamaha AVRs.
(2017-05-29, 21:17)wesk05 Wrote:
(2017-05-29, 21:09)fritsch Wrote: Driver bug? They skip some bytes internally?
That would have been my guess also. Anyways... it doesn't seem to bother the AVRs that much. I have only seen reports of audio drops with some older model Yamaha AVRs.

Now I know why the minix guys wrote me an email about PD missing ... and never replied back when I asked: Please tell that guy that found it to submit a patch :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-05-29, 21:24)fritsch Wrote: Now I know why the minix guys wrote me an email about PD missing ... and never replied back when I asked: Please tell that guy that found it to submit a patch :-)
That build didn't make any difference. I had informed them that. A patch for that from me will probably take years!!
(2017-05-29, 21:25)wesk05 Wrote:
(2017-05-29, 21:24)fritsch Wrote: Now I know why the minix guys wrote me an email about PD missing ... and never replied back when I asked: Please tell that guy that found it to submit a patch :-)
That build didn't make any difference. I had informed them that. A patch for that from me will probably take years!!

Yeah - please check with some kodi-agile build soon (currently it's not suitable for android as videobuffer is reworked).
Here: http://jenkins.kodi.tv/job/Android-ARM/4172/ building - will come onto the mirror with "-burst" name in it.
(2017-05-29, 21:31)fritsch Wrote: Here: http://jenkins.kodi.tv/job/Android-ARM/4172/ building - will come onto the mirror with "-burst" name in it.
OK. Will test the build.
(2017-05-29, 19:27)fritsch Wrote: on your AML box - those settings should not have any effect, right?

Ok, I've just tested these.

On audio output device I have three options,
Android PCM
IEC passthrough
Raw pass through

On the pass through output device I have two options,

IEC Passthrough and
Raw passthrough.

On the passthrough output device if I have IEC them no matter what the audio output device is (IE on all three options) I always get DTS-MA (tested with Fellowship of the ring).
If i have Raw pass through on the passthrough output device it crashes.

Does that mean everything's working fine. My biggest concern is that something is being downsampled or I'm not getting the sound as it was intended - 16 but instead of 24bit or a reduction in hz.
Nope. We neither resample, nor reencode anything when passthroughing.
(2017-05-29, 22:31)fritsch Wrote: Nope. We neither resample, nor reencode anything when passthroughing.

Cool. Thank you so much for putting my mind at rest. I was really reluctant to set everything up as I like it (all my adding etc) if it wasn't running properly.

So is there any benefit to changing from SPMC to libreelec?
SPMC seems a touch sluggish compared to running on a PC but I can live with that. Would libreelec run any faster? I would have tried this but I don't have a spare micro sd card - I'll order one but then found SPMC was available from the play store.

I've also got an issue with it buffering every few mins when running through my SMB network which strikes me as odd as it's wireless N and should be able to cope.
Try it. Don't use wireless - it sucks _always :-)

I am off of this thread :-) I don't think you need an Audio Engine guy for finding out those bits.
(2017-05-29, 22:43)fritsch Wrote: Try it. Don't use wireless - it sucks _always :-)

I am off of this thread :-) I don't think you need an Audio Engine guy for finding out those bits.

Your a star mate. Thanks for all your help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HW scalers and HD audio codecs0