Nvidia Shield (2017) - KODI and HDR not working - TV wont trigger HDR Picture mode
Got a Samsung Q-LED Series 8 TV but can´t get Kodi to play 4K HDR files with HDR activated. TV won´t show the HDR activated icon when playing something within Kodi. 
However, playing the same movie in PLEX, VLC or MX-PLayer Pro, triggers HDR picture mode without any hiccups. 

Has anyone gotten HDR working with KODI?
HDR plays fine on my LG oled.
Do you get a HDR activated in LG picture settings?

Mine plays, but picture mode is not HDR.
My LG shows the HDR badge every time HDR content is played no issues.
It seems to engage HDR with the Estuary skin but other skins it doesn’t work. I am talking about Kodi Leia. I have used SPMC and it doesn’t have HDR issues with skins but the developer is abandoning the project.
SPMC will still work just fine!! I have a KS8000 samsung and have no problem with HDR on SPMC    Is your Q this years or last years model
(2018-03-26, 01:31)lathie Wrote: SPMC will still work just fine!! I have a KS8000 samsung and have no problem with HDR on SPMC    Is your Q this years or last years model
I tried Kodi 18 today but no joy. We have the 2017 Qled.
(2018-03-26, 01:31)lathie Wrote: SPMC will still work just fine!! I have a KS8000 samsung and have no problem with HDR on SPMC    Is your Q this years or last years model
 To get HDR on SPMC it is necessary to enable "Mediacodec (Surface)" on SPMC Video settings.
But in this way we lost advanced video processing (on OSD menu).

You can confirm?

Many thanks
I dont have SPMC installed, someone said it was not being updated anymore.

I used to have 17.6 installed, and now latest Leia Alpha. I have the mediacodec surface enabled in videosettings. Still won´t trigger HDR picture setting in TV. Tried a bunch of different HDR files, just won´t work in Kodi. Playing them with PLEX triggers HDR setting just fine. 
We also have Samsungs latest Sound+ HW-MS750 (MS760) soundbar, that support 4K, HDR throughput. The Nvidia Shield is connected to the Soundbar, and Soundbar to the OneConnect box (TV).
(2018-03-26, 13:13)corb06 Wrote: I dont have SPMC installed, someone said it was not being updated anymore.

I used to have 17.6 installed, and now latest Leia Alpha. I have the mediacodec surface enabled in videosettings. Still won´t trigger HDR picture setting in TV. Tried a bunch of different HDR files, just won´t work in Kodi. Playing them with PLEX triggers HDR setting just fine. 
We also have Samsungs latest Sound+ HW-MS750 (MS760) soundbar, that support 4K, HDR throughput. The Nvidia Shield is connected to the Soundbar, and Soundbar to the OneConnect box (TV).

What skin are you using?
So strange, I switched to Estouchy and then back to Standard skin Estuary and now HDR is triggered when playing HDR content. Talk about a major bug in Kodi...
Thanks for the tip.
The Estuary Mod skin also works

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield (2017) - KODI and HDR not working - TV wont trigger HDR Picture mode0