v18 I can no longer display TVGuide, TVChannels, etc. windows over the top of live video
... I could do this in Krypton. I have a skin that calls ActivateWindow(tvguide) from the OSD, but I notice it no longer works in Leia. Is this new intended behaviour? None of the MyPVR* windows will do this. The DialogPVRChannelGuide, DialogPVRChannelsOSD, etc. work fine, but I can't see anything special about them just looking at the XML.
HDHomerun Quatro, RaspPi/TVHeadend, NUC/Win10/Kodi, Mousetuary skin, Mouse on couch!
Active modal dialog check is the culprit. Hope this is addressed but in the meantime you should be able to work around it. Try this:

PHP Code:
<onclick>close<</onclick>
<
onclick>ActivateWindow(tvguide)</onclick
yes I had the close in there already, so it isn't that - I'm not sure why it works for the DialogPVR* windows but not for the MyPVR* ones. Is it something special about them in Kodi itself that makes them called like modal dialogs, or is it controllable in the skin?
(Worst comes to worst I'll cut-n-paste all the contents of MyPVRGuide and shove it into DialogPVRChannelGuide - haven't tried that yet tho)
HDHomerun Quatro, RaspPi/TVHeadend, NUC/Win10/Kodi, Mousetuary skin, Mouse on couch!
using
xml:
<onclick>close</onclick>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(tvguide)</onclick>
works ok on my end in kodi leia.

check your Debug Log to see what's going on, perhaps you can find some clue there.

this is what i see in mine:
08:18:44.777 T:140614838496000   DEBUG: HandleKey: return (0xf00d) pressed, action is Select
08:18:44.777 T:140614838496000   DEBUG: Activating window ID: 10702
08:18:44.778 T:140614838496000   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (VideoOSD.xml) ------
08:18:44.778 T:140614838496000   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (VideoFullScreen.xml) ------
08:18:44.780 T:140614838496000   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (MyPVRGuide.xml) ------
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(try again, lost my edit)
I used to have
                        <onclick>Dialog.Close(VideoOSD)</onclick>

which worked in krypton. If I substitute PVRChannelGuide for tvguide, it works in Leia. Curious why.

BTW I am NOT getting any errors of the form

Activate of window 'xxx' refused because there are active modal dialogs

in the kodi.log.
Aha...
17:51:33.520 T:3748    INFO: Activate of window '10702' refused because there are active modal dialogs

when debug log is enabled. The VideoOSD window contains:

<window>
    <onload>runscript(special://skin/extras/scripts/dynamicOSD.py)</onload>
    <onunload>Action(Back)</onunload>
</window>

the real OSD is put up by the python script, which, among other things, does
    display = DynamicOSD('VideoOSDControls.xml', 'special://skin/xml')    # this is the XML for the OSD controls
    display.doModal()

so it is a modal dialog. But I do close it before trying to activate tvguide:

<onclick>Dialog.Close(VideoOSD)</onclick>

Could it be a timing issue? And why do the DialogPVR* windows work?
ah, since you're using some python based dialogs, you might have better luck using:
xml:
<onclick>Dialog.Close(all)</onclick>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(TVGuide)</onclick>
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I also faced it and in some situations I also had to add a "action(fullscreen)" 

Example:
Code:

<onclick condition="!Window.IsVisible(script-cu-irclyrics-main.xml)">close</onclick>
                    <onclick condition="Window.IsVisible(script-cu-irclyrics-main.xml)">Dialog.Close(all,true)</onclick>
                    <onclick condition="Window.IsVisible(script-cu-irclyrics-main.xml)">Action(fullscreen)</onclick>
                    <onclick condition="Integer.IsGreater(Playlist.Length(video),1) + !Integer.IsGreater(Playlist.Length(music),1)">ActivateWindow(videoplaylist)</onclick>
                    <onclick condition="!Integer.IsGreater(Playlist.Length(video),1) + Integer.IsGreater(Playlist.Length(music),1)">ActivateWindow(musicplaylist)</onclick>

Otherwise nothing worked. It was working in Krypton.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
Success.
Dialog.Close(all) did the trick. Thanks for all help! See skin.mousetuary (Leia branch) for the result.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I can no longer display TVGuide, TVChannels, etc. windows over the top of live video0