Remote Share, Network is not connected
i am using windows computers, i have a media server in my bedroom that i have hard wired to ethernet port.  this server is where i play files on my android box with kodi.  

often to transport video to this computer, i use robocopy to copy files over to this server from my personal laptop in other areas of the house.  

when i run robocopy, and then try to run kodi, i often get the screen that says "Remote Share, Network is not connected".  

the only way i figured to fix this problem is to restart the media server PC, but its super annoying.  restarting kodi or the android box doesnt seem to work.  i have tried updating Kodi Addons with no luck as well.

anyone know anyway around this?
(2019-10-25, 04:10)eugchen Wrote: i am using windows computers
Instead of rebooting the server you could try to disable the network and reenable it. If that works you coould do it remotely from your laptop, phone or some script.

To find out what is causing this a lot more diagnostics need to be done to narrow down the problem.
1. Does the server present the files as an smb share which is added as a source in kodi?
2. When the error appears, does it also appear on other devices like your laptop/phone/tablet or just that android box?
3. You could do a tcpdump on the server and the android box to see what is happening on the network when the error appears.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Share, Network is not connected0