Kodi is jacked after upgrading to 18.4. Weird profile issues.
I recently upgraded to kodi 18.4. Since then I've had issues with skins/profiles.. I was originally using Confluence as my default skin for both my profiles. I realize this isn't a supported skin anymore so I went into my one profile and changed it to Aeon Nox (Silvo). That seemed to worked great until I closed Kodi, went back in as my other profile.. It was still using Confluence.. No worries, I'll just change it like I did my other profile.. 

Except when I go to change it, it's not listed as a skin to select.. Then I select get more, and it's not listed as a skin to download..

What am I to do here? 

Thanks!
@Kmccb

Go to Settings>Addons>My Addons>Look and Feel>Skins. Find Aeon Nox Silvo in the list and Enable it.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-12-06, 21:11)Karellen Wrote: @Kmccb

Go to Settings>Addons>My Addons>Look and Feel>Skins. Find Aeon Nox Silvo in the list and Enable it.
Thank you for the reply. That got me a little further but things are still jacked. For example, when I go into Movies or TV Shows and try to change the view, things are missing.. Same when I go into other menu items..

https://imgur.com/a/pv3g1WZ
Did you restart Kodi?

There is a known issue with Profiles in v18 and this is one of the problems so a bit of jiggling is required to get it working.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-12-06, 22:02)Karellen Wrote: Did you restart Kodi?

There is a known issue with Profiles in v18 and this is one of the problems so a bit of jiggling is required to get it working.

Restarted it numerous times..
(2019-12-06, 22:08)Kmccb Wrote: Restarted it numerous times..
Dump the profiles and go with two independent portable installations https://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable
(2019-12-06, 22:18)PatK Wrote:
(2019-12-06, 22:08)Kmccb Wrote: Restarted it numerous times..
Dump the profiles and go with two independent portable installations https://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable

So there's no fix for this?  
I was merely giving you options and from my point of view portable mode would seem to offer any skin you want in two different installations that have independent sharing sources. As Karellen mentioned there has been some anomalies with profiles and some want to dump that feature. I'm not too sure what has happened in your update and installation but the path to repair is going to be file by file effort and no easy fix, or just a clean re-installation (after you have manually deleted Kodi in it's entirety), it's your set-up and you are the one most likely to fix this scramble and if that
(2019-12-06, 22:38)PatK Wrote: I was merely giving you options and from my point of view portable mode would seem to offer any skin you want in two different installations that have independent sharing sources. As Karellen mentioned there has been some anomalies with profiles and some want to dump that feature. I'm not too sure what has happened in your update and installation but the path to repair is going to be file by file effort and no easy fix, or just a clean re-installation (after you have manually deleted Kodi in it's entirety), it's your set-up and you are the one most likely to fix this scramble and if that

I appreciate the reply.. I will do what needs to be done.. If it were just me who uses it I would just blow it away.. Kids are used to pressing certain buttons etc.. 

As long as I can backup my library and watched status I'll do whatever.. I don't need to use different skins per profile. The same one is fine.
I just uninstalled and deleted anything Kodi related (folders / files / etc)..

Installed the latest and and setup two profiles. Still have the issue with skins missing menu items.. Sad

Is there no way to run profiles on the latest version anymore?

Thanks
(2020-03-23, 02:02)Kmccb Wrote: Is there no way to run profiles on the latest version
Are you using different skins in each profile?
(2020-03-23, 03:46)PatK Wrote:
(2020-03-23, 02:02)Kmccb Wrote: Is there no way to run profiles on the latest version

No, same one.
(2020-03-23, 03:46)PatK Wrote:
Would it work if I used two different skins?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi is jacked after upgrading to 18.4. Weird profile issues.0