Without guide data I get large seek times, Kodi error on instant recording, but...
(2020-01-10, 23:26)ksooo Wrote:
(2020-01-10, 20:40)mmortal03 Wrote:
(2020-01-10, 05:19)krustyreturns Wrote: So what do you want instant record to do without guide data? Record for a couple of hours?

What ksooo said! Smile Btw, for reference, I just tried changing a related setting under "Settings->PVR & Live TV->Recording->Instant recording action" to "Record for a fixed period of time" as well as "Ask what to do" and that causes the same error as above. 

Add-on bug. Works just fine with other add-ons. 

Right, I think it's only broken when there's no guide data, which wasn't a case that krusty planned for. Here's some feedback I got elsewhere for creating a dummy schedule to see what would happen, but I haven't had a chance to work through it and try it yet: https://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie...65#p136938
(2020-01-11, 22:48)mmortal03 Wrote:
(2020-01-10, 23:26)ksooo Wrote:
(2020-01-10, 20:40)mmortal03 Wrote: What ksooo said! Smile Btw, for reference, I just tried changing a related setting under "Settings->PVR & Live TV->Recording->Instant recording action" to "Record for a fixed period of time" as well as "Ask what to do" and that causes the same error as above. 

Add-on bug. Works just fine with other add-ons. 

Right, I think it's only broken when there's no guide data, which wasn't a case that krusty planned for. Here's some feedback I got elsewhere for creating a dummy schedule to see what would happen, but I haven't had a chance to work through it and try it yet: https://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie...65#p136938

Dummy EPG entries is not the way to go. Fix the add-on.
(2020-01-12, 11:52)ksooo Wrote:
(2020-01-11, 22:48)mmortal03 Wrote:
(2020-01-10, 23:26)ksooo Wrote: Add-on bug. Works just fine with other add-ons. 

The add-on is not really broke, his guide data service is, that's what he needs to fix.

The Kodi PVR sub system assumes there is guide data to use to record from, if you now want the add-on to record without a channel time line it would be a patch\workaround not really a fix.

So without the channel timeline to know the starting time count and the ending count of a show that all the current code works on, all new code would have to be written and a test for guide data would have to be done first before executing the new code.

if you look at the screenshot there was that huge number that goes back to like the beginning of time, with that many hours ago , it's like the default date when you start up your computer that says 1-1-1970 or the start of Georgian timetables.
(2020-01-12, 22:09)Rainey222 Wrote:
(2020-01-12, 11:52)ksooo Wrote:
(2020-01-11, 22:48)mmortal03 Wrote: Right, I think it's only broken when there's no guide data, which wasn't a case that krusty planned for. Here's some feedback I got elsewhere for creating a dummy schedule to see what would happen, but I haven't had a chance to work through it and try it yet: https://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie...65#p136938

The add-on is not really broke, his guide data service is, that's what he needs to fix.

The Kodi PVR sub system assumes there is guide data to use to record from,

That's not correct. Kodi supports both EPG based timers and purely time based timers.
(2020-01-13, 08:52)ksooo Wrote:
(2020-01-12, 22:09)Rainey222 Wrote:
(2020-01-12, 11:52)ksooo Wrote: Dummy EPG entries is not the way to go. Fix the add-on.

That's not correct. Kodi supports both EPG based timers and purely time based timers.

In this case Kodi is running client software receiving data from serve Windows Media center who receives its data from Windows media centers guide information that is not present.
(2020-01-13, 21:16)Rainey222 Wrote:
(2020-01-13, 08:52)ksooo Wrote:
(2020-01-12, 22:09)Rainey222 Wrote: The add-on is not really broke, his guide data service is, that's what he needs to fix.

In this case Kodi is running client software receiving data from serve Windows Media center who receives its data from Windows media centers guide information that is not present.

Unrelated. Kodi can schedule recordings for channels with no EPG data just fine as the combo with other PVR add-ons proves.

As I'm the lead developer of Kodi's PVR component you can put some trust in what I'm saying. ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Without guide data I get large seek times, Kodi error on instant recording, but...0