Android NVidia Shield 2017 - Movies not being registered in Library on some MKV files
Hi,
I use MKV wrappers on all my Movie files. I recently ran through the updates for Scrapper and was checking my existing Library as it does on startup. Things like Men In Black international which did not appear in the Men In Black Group in the Library.
So I went to files and added the Men In Black international Folder (Men In Black International (2019)) and checked in the Men in Black Group again not there. So I drilled down a little further into the Men In Black International folder and noted that KODI cant see the MKV file. I used my Laptop to access the NAS and its there. If I renamed the file to AVI it sees the file and can add it when doing the Add to Library.
This is one in about 30 movies that are no longer visible to KODI. If I use the Addon missing movies none are listed. (I guess meaning KODI cant see them and believes there is no movie file there) I had to do this for my Lord of the rings and Hobbit files as well amongst others. All of which were Previously in the library under their MKV file format which played and were visible no problems.
Has something changed in recognising MKV file format?
This is not happening on all MKV files only some.

Thanks.
(2020-05-12, 14:25)Qwelldrin Wrote: If I use the Addon missing movies none are listed. (I guess meaning KODI cant see them and believes there is no movie file there)
No, the Missing Movie addon is broken and has been for nearly 2 years. Use the Event Log (wiki)

(2020-05-12, 14:25)Qwelldrin Wrote: Has something changed in recognising MKV file format?
Nothing has changed. There is something wrong with your setup. You don't explain where your files are located, but I assume on a network somewhere? Maybe a permissions issue.

Provide a Debug Log which captures you trying to scrape some mkv files. Tell us which movies they are and we might spot the problem in the log.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-05-12, 21:33)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-05-12, 14:25)Qwelldrin Wrote: If I use the Addon missing movies none are listed. (I guess meaning KODI cant see them and believes there is no movie file there)
No, the Missing Movie addon is broken and has been for nearly 2 years. Use the Event Log (wiki)

Ok I will stop using the addon, However I will also not allow Kodi to do a System library update as it is missing to many and those it is missing it does not recognise a movie file is in the folder so it will not report a missed scrape I presume.
(2020-05-12, 14:25)Qwelldrin Wrote: Has something changed in recognising MKV file format?
Nothing has changed. There is something wrong with your setup. You don't explain where your files are located, but I assume on a network somewhere? Maybe a permissions issue.
I am using a SMB NAS drive, this has been used for years, Old movies that had been picked up maybe 2 years ago are now no longer listed as a library update did not pick up a file in the folders.

Provide a Debug Log which captures you trying to scrape some mkv files. Tell us which movies they are and we might spot the problem in the log.
Not sure a Debug log would give valuable information if the scraper does not recognise a movie file in the folder.
Example. When a file (Movie is not in the Library) is not found by the scraper I go to the files section in KODI and navigate to the folder in this case "The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug (2013)" in this folder is a file called "The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug (2013).MKV" file ( I can see it browsing to the NAS drive on a PC, (KODI cant see it from the file view, Empty folder). If I now on the PC change the file Extension to .AVI "The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug (2013).AVI) KODI can now see the file and will Scrape the movie into the Library. I just cant figure out why when I Updating the Library a number of files are not picked up, the only commonality I have with these files is they were all MKV's and after renaming to AVI they are seen by KODI.
(2020-05-12, 22:05)Qwelldrin Wrote: Not sure a Debug log would give valuable information if the scraper does not recognise a movie file in the folder.
Ok, you know best. Let me know what I should do next Wink
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-05-12, 22:10)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-05-12, 22:05)Qwelldrin Wrote: Not sure a Debug log would give valuable information if the scraper does not recognise a movie file in the folder.
Ok, you know best. Let me know what I should do next Wink 
Hi Thanks for your Help, could you explain how the log will determine that a movie file is in the folder if the application cant see it when its browsing in KODI?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVidia Shield 2017 - Movies not being registered in Library on some MKV files0