Unable to install my addon from zip file. Error: 'Error reading Element value.'
I am a beginner, trying to develop my own kodi addon. I have made an introductory "basic" video addon as explained in kodi wiki.

But, am unable to install it. Relevent part of log says following:

xml:

2021-04-10 18:49:14.605 T:19328   DEBUG <general>: ------ Window Deinit (FileBrowser.xml) ------
2021-04-10 18:49:14.618 T:19328   DEBUG <general>: CAddonInstaller: installing from zip 'D:\Software Projects\BAM.zip'
2021-04-10 18:49:14.633 T:19328   ERROR <general>: CAddonInfoBuilder::ADDON::CAddonInfoBuilder::Generate: Unable to load 'zip://D%3a%5cSoftware%20Projects%5cBAM.zip/BAM/addon.xml', Line 0
                                                   Error reading Element value.
2021-04-10 18:49:14.638 T:19328   DEBUG <general>: ------ Window Init (DialogNotification.xml) ------

My XML File:

xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon id="plugin.program.betteraddonmanager" version="0.1.0+matrix.1" name="BAM!" provider-name="KRiloshart">
    <requires>
        <import addon="xbmc.python" version="3.0.0" />
        <import addon="script.module.future" version="0.18.2+matrix.1"/>
        <import addon="script.module.requests" version="2.22.0+matrix.1" />
        <import addon="script.module.beautifulsoup4" version="4.9.3+matrix.1"/>
    </requires>
    <extension point="xbmc.python.pluginsource" library="addon.py">
        <provides> executable </provides>
    </extension>
    <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
        <reuselanguageinvoker>true</reuselanguageinvoker>
        <summary lang="en">BAM! - An Better Addon Manager for Kodi</summary>
        <description lang="en"> BAM! (Better Addon Manager) provides an easy way for kodi users to maintain or update
            their kodi setup. It allows users to install, update, disable addons and addon repositories remotely using a
            text file hosted on github gist. 
        </description>
        <platform>all</platform>
        <license>GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE. Version 3, 29 June 2007</license>
        <website>https://example.com</website>
        <source>https://github.com/</source>
        <disclaimer lang="en">
            This addon comes with absolutely no warranty. Use at your own risk.
            You are advised to check and proof read this addon's source code before using it.
        </disclaimer>
        <assets>
            <icon>resources/icon.png</icon>
            <fanart>resources/fanart.jfif</fanart>
        </assets>

Thankyou.
Sorry, forgot to post full log in original post. Here it is: hastebin - ipoqukedel (kodi.tv)
(2021-04-10, 16:02)KRiloshart Wrote: Sorry, forgot to post full log in original post. Here it is

Your Kodi setup and thus log file has been infested with add-ons that facilitate video piracy one way or the other.
As per our forum rules (wiki) and piracy policy (wiki), no support is provided.

Either your fully clean up your Kodi setup, or you are encouraged to find your support elsewhere.

The choice is yours.
Sorry for my previous log. I have cleaned up my kodi. this is my new log: hastebin - ejuzamobaf (kodi.tv).

Error is still the same as in original post.
(2021-04-11, 06:19)KRiloshart Wrote: I have cleaned up my kodi. this is my new log:

I don't know what kind of cleaning method you used, but it is not working. You even added a banned repository...
Notice all the orange-colored items in the add-ons section in your log. They should be gone now.

Last chance.
Hello
@KRiloshart did you get this to work -  I am running into a similar issue
(2022-04-15, 14:22)ltai0001 Wrote: did you get this to work -  I am running into a similar issue

Mr KRiloshart hasn't visited this forum since November last year. I doubt he'll return after his banned add-ons problems.

If you have similar problems, ask the people where you got your add-ons forum.
Thank you
Yes I got beautifulsoup to install and run properly I am now in full scraping mode and learning Python at the same time 😎

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to install my addon from zip file. Error: 'Error reading Element value.'0