kodi 17.6 hangs during library scanning
https://www.filebot.net/
A decent basic file renamer would already have cleaned up most of the 'mess'. I'm using self-written bash files for such stuff.
Hi again,
I have noticed something in this matter about only 25% scraping of my movies.
When I am in Kodi and in Videos > Movies and clicking "scan ti Library" there comes a message saying "No video files found in this path".
Can that be the reason why not so many movies are found when scraping? Most of my movies folders containes rar-files so they need to be unrared first before
the movie file is visible? That was automatic in 17.6. Just a tought...
https://pasteboard.co/KeWVy4T.jpg
Hi
I have now installed the RAR archive support add-on. I hope that is correct.
Now when updating library (not finished yet) and it takes longer time now, there comes this message all the time: RAR archive support not enough memory available to decompress file.
There is 64GB free on the hard drive. How much it need to be?
Memory is RAM not storage.

Why not just extract them?
Fully agree about extracting them.  Doubt keeping them in .rar files is saving much space at all. 

EG - 524 bytes difference between the rar file and the extracted mp4.
xml:
/media/sdf1/Movies2/Pretty Woman (1990) [1080p]$ ls -s
total 3883184
     40  banner.jpg          36  logo.png
    216  clearart.png       428  poster.jpg
    452  disc.png       1940700 'Pretty Woman (1990) [1080p].mp4'
    808  fanart.jpg     1940176 'Pretty Woman (1990) [1080p].mp4.rar'
    308  landscape.jpg       20 'Pretty Woman (1990) [1080p].nfo'

Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2021-08-08, 19:02)Hitcher Wrote: Memory is RAM not storage.

Why not just extract them?
RAM: I have 16GB and that is not enough?
  • Is there a way of not see and hear the notification about that there is not enough memory available to decompress file? Maybe there is some setting I am not aware of?
  • Maybe there is another add-on that is better?
  • Why is that ability taken away from Kodi after 17.6?

I think the original use of rar for downloading is not because of sawing space. I think that is because of downloading purpose from the time when the speeds were not as high as today. But maybe I am wrong about that. I agree not much space saved.

I can extract the files from now on with new movies but not with the 1000+ movies I have already in stock.
  • I don´t get any email when new reply is posted here. It is correct in my settings but nothing comes.
Why not just extract them? Most of my files are not rar-files anymore. Still having the same problem.
(2022-04-04, 22:57)Captor Wrote: Still having the same problem.
Debug Log thanks.
If you are still using v17.6, it is not supported. Does the issue still occur with v19.4?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Kodi 17.6 is working fine. It was 19.1 and 19.2 that did not work. 19.4 I have not tried. Is there made any changes regarding this?
(2022-04-05, 19:09)Captor Wrote: It was 19.1 and 19.2 that did not work.
"Does not work" is not a sufficient problem description for us to find out what is going different or wrong for now.

(2022-04-05, 19:09)Captor Wrote: Is there made any changes regarding this?
Yes, some changes to metadata providing have been made. But since you haven't provided any debug log (wiki) for your Kodi 19 attempts, I guess we'll never know what your scraping problem was.
It is all in this tread.
Old log is gone!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi 17.6 hangs during library scanning0