Why am I getting this false subtitle error message?
Why am I getting this false error message about subtitles?  It says my opensubtitles user ID or password is missing or invalid (when neither is true).  I have had this happen sporadically in the past, and usually, I would let the video play for a few more minutes and try again.  And it would "self correct."  It is no longer doing that.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.
Put Kodi in 'windowed' mode and multi-task, bring up your favorite browser, go to the opensubtitles web site and log-in. Go back to Kodi and attempt to grab a subtitle, does it work?
What do you mean by "windowed mode"?

Thanks.
(2022-08-17, 01:27)wholesaleforless Wrote: Why am I getting this false error message about subtitles?  It says my opensubtitles user ID or password is missing or invalid (when neither is true). 

Opensubtitles has a daily maintenance moment. Perhaps you are trying to download subtitles when their backend is offline.
(2022-08-17, 18:32)wholesaleforless Wrote: What do you mean by "windowed mode"?
Hit the | button (slash) on your keyboard to get into windowed mode.
Additional help, please.  Forward slash "/" doesn't seem to do anything ... backward slash "\" seems to toggle between small window and full-screen window and the vertical "slash" ("|") doesn't seem to do ANYTHING.
backslash.  or win-d to get to desktop and start browser, or if browser is open alt-tab to switch back-and-forth.

scott s.
Didn't help, but thanks.

Still getting the false message about credentials being missing or invalid.
(2022-08-18, 17:05)wholesaleforless Wrote: Still getting the false message about credentials being missing or invalid.
Your log in with a browser was successful? opensubtitles.org and opensubtitles.com are different, ensure you have the correct URL in Kodi. Ideally your post would be better served in the subtitle forum. Suggestion, try another add-on or appeal to the author of the add-on directly. I did note this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=366695 which may impact your usage case.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why am I getting this false subtitle error message?0