Edit Aeon Nox Silvo InfoWall Background
By default, the InfoWall view in Aeon Nox Silvo duplicates the FanArt as the Background. I would like to edit the skin so that I can use one static background image.

Screenshot: InfoWall View

In the screenshot linked above, as you flip through movies the view shows the FanArt image in the Fanart window and again as the background. I don't like this because you can only see the edges of the background(fanart) and it's duplicating what you already see in the FanArt window. 

I have tried changing the Default Background in Kodi Settings and then unticking the FanArt option in the view's Background setting, but this makes everything including the FanArt window use that static background. So that didn't work for me.

I am new to editing skins, but I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty. I can see the View_51_InfoWall.xml file in the folder - C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.aeon.nox.silvo\16x9
Is there an element within this .xml file that I can edit to set the Background of the InfoWall view (yellow box in my screen shot) to a single, static image of my choosing? Then I'm sure I would need to add the image to the Textures13.db file...

This is my favorite view to use for Movies and TV Series in Kodi, but this one thing really bugs me.
I am using the latest Kodi Nexus 20.1 Build with the Aeon Nox Silvo skin on a Windows 10 PC.

Thanks in advance!
For anyone searching for a way to do this, I discovered it on my own by messing around with a ton of different settings in the Aeon Nox Silvo .xml files. I found it in the Includes_Backgrounds.xml file.

Open the Includes_Backgrounds.xml file and do a search for: $VAR[GlobalBackgroundVar]

Edit this in the line in red below to the path of the image file you want to use as your background on the InfoWall view. In my can it was:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Backgrounds\Kodi Wall.jpg

Code:

<control type="group">
     <include condition="Skin.HasSetting(Enable.AnimatedBackgrounds)">AnimatedBackgroundAnimation</include>
     <control type="multiimage">
          <left>450</left>
          <width>1536</width>
          <height>864</height>
          <include>MultiImageTime</include>
          <imagepath background="true" diffuse="views/myflix/fanart_diffuse.png">$VAR[GlobalBackgroundVar]</imagepath>
          <visible>Control.IsVisible(509)</visible>
     </control>
     <control type="group">
          <visible>!Control.IsVisible(509)</visible>
              <imagepath background="true">$VAR[GlobalBackgroundVar]</imagepath>
          </control>
          <include condition="Skin.HasSetting(Enable.Set.LiveBackground)">LiveBackgroundSets</include>
     </control>
</control>
I actually found a better way to do this so I will leave this here in case it helps anyone. At the time of writing, I couldn't find any help with this online so I thought I would share what I found that worked for me.

My previous post changes the background for ALL views which isn't good because I use different views for TV Shows and Music, etc so I would like to retain the "GlobalBackground" on those.

Here is the better way:
1. Open/Edit View_51_InfoWall.xml
2. Paste the code below on line 9, where YourCustomBackground.jpg is the path to your local background image file
3. Save & Reload your skin in Kodi
Code:

<control type="image">
     <texture border="0">special://userdata/backgrounds/YourCustomBackGround.jpg</texture>
     <visible>!Player.HasMedia</visible>
</control>
What this does is insert your background image behind all of the InfoWall elements, but in front of the "GlobalBackground" which includes the large fanart and live video if you are currently playing a movie. The <visible> line tells Kodi to only show this image if there is no video or media playing in the background. This way you can still enjoy the live video or visualization in the background.

Additionally, I found that when exiting the InfoWall screen, my background didn't move completely off screen before going to the home menu. So I made the following edit:

1. Open Includes_Animation.xml
2. Search for WindowOpenCloseAnimation
3. Change the WindowClose animation to end at 1200 instead of 1080
Code:

<include name="WindowOpenCloseAnimation">
        <animation effect="slide" tween="cubic" time="600" start="0,1080" end="0,0">WindowOpen</animation>
        <animation effect="slide" tween="cubic" time="600" end="0,1200" start="0,0">WindowClose</animation>
    </include>

As a bonus, I chose to remove the footer bar at the bottom of this view since it was unnecessary and blocked part of my background. I also removed this from the List view.

1. Open Includes_Backgrounds.xml
2. Search for floor.png
3. Paste the line hightlighted in red below
Code:

<control type="image">
                    <visible>![Control.IsVisible(51) | Control.IsVisible(50)] </visible>
                    <width>100%</width>
                    <height>1266</height>
                    <texture colordiffuse="$VAR[ThemeLabelColor]">floor.png</texture>
                </control>
This tells Kodi to not show this image/footer for the InfoWall view (51) and List view (50). If you only wish to remove it from InfoWall, omit "| Control.IsVisible(50)"

If this helps you, please respond and let me know!
The group you are looking to edit isn't inside views 51 info _ wall  xml 

If you want focused global fanart gone in just this xml.  
One method I know is . 
Includes background group starting line 132. 
Duplicate it 
Add this to the first group when it's NOT info wall . 
<visible>!Control.IsVisible(51) + !Window.IsActive(addoninformation)</visible>

Then this for when it is active. 
<visible>Control.IsVisible(51) + !Window.IsActive(addoninformation)</visible>
Then put your wallpaper dimensions for this view in the group and remove the rest .
(2023-08-25, 03:30)Dimenzions Wrote: The group you are looking to edit isn't inside views 51 info _ wall  xml 

If you want focused global fanart gone in just this xml.  
One method I know is . 
Includes background group starting line 132. 
Duplicate it 
Add this to the first group when it's NOT info wall . 
<visible>!Control.IsVisible(51) + !Window.IsActive(addoninformation)</visible>

Then this for when it is active. 
<visible>Control.IsVisible(51) + !Window.IsActive(addoninformation)</visible>
Then put your wallpaper dimensions for this view in the group and remove the rest .
Thanks for the tip! I finally got around to trying this and it worked way better than the solutions I came up with on my own. Definitely the preferred way to do this...

This also allowed the full screen movie to continue to play behind the menus without any further edits. I like this feature so I left it...

Hide/remove full screen fanart from a specific view - in this case, InfoWall(51 and List(50):
Aeon Nox Silvo v9.1.3
Edit the includes_Backgrounds.xml starting at line 141

Hide/remove full screen fanart from a specific view:

<control type="group">
                <visible>!Control.IsVisible(509) + !Control.IsVisible(50) + !Control.IsVisible(51)</visible> <!-- Hides the FanArt "GlobalBackground" from List View (50) and InfoWall (51) - I'm not sure what (509) is but it was already there in the .xml -->
                    <imagepath background="true">$VAR[GlobalBackgroundVar]</imagepath>
                </control>
                <include condition="Skin.HasSetting(Enable.Set.LiveBackground)">LiveBackgroundSets</include>
            </control>
            <control type="image"><!-- Here is where I added my background image -->
                <texture border="0">special://userdata/backgrounds/Kodi Wall.jpg</texture> <!-- Sets the background to custom "Kodi Wall" image instead of fanart -->
                <visible>Control.IsVisible(50) | Control.IsVisible(51)</visible> <!-- "Kodi Wall" background only visible for List View (50) and InfoWall (51) -->
            </control>
         </control>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Edit Aeon Nox Silvo InfoWall Background0