Suddenly, after the last start of Kodi, the settings have changed
Suddenly, after the last start of Kodi, the settings have changed. The shortcuts do not seem to work anymore. Some hidden menu items, e.g. "Radio", "TV" are not hidden anymore. What could be causing this? How could I get back to the way it was before?
From the sounds of it; Kodi has defaulted because of a code error and launched as new. Without a back-up, the only suggestion I could make is to re-establish the flags in settings and hope the library is still intact. If your sources are still relevant, and the database is solid, coming back shouldn't be that much of a hassle. Note: in my signature at the bottom of this link to. "caution add-ons you install" I'm not suggesting this is the issue, but in a lot of cases it is; this can also be caused by any code glitch or o/s conflict.
(2024-03-11, 12:20)-Wilbur- Wrote: Suddenly, after the last start of Kodi, the settings have changed. The shortcuts do not seem to work anymore. Some hidden menu items, e.g. "Radio", "TV" are not hidden anymore. What could be causing this? How could I get back to the way it was before?

If you are using the Confluence skin and it has just updated itself this will happen. You can make the necessary adjustments in the settings. If you do not have Confluence then I cannot help.
Quote:Without a back-up, the only suggestion I could make is to re-establish the flags in settings
Sorry, what are flags?

Quote:Note: in my signature at the bottom of this link to. "caution add-ons you install"
Recently installed a few subtitle add ons, could it be one of them?

Quote:If you are using the Confluence skin and it has just updated itself this will happen.
I use it. So it updates and the causes errors / problems? Why?

Quote:You can make the necessary adjustments in the settings.
Which would those be?
Well, @-Wilbur- to find out why the Confluence update has made changes you would need to ask on the Skin section.
Regarding the Radio, TV etc. you will find it is possible to make alterations at System>settings>interface>skin>-configure skin.
I also found the update greatly improved the Favourites, which I appreciate very much.

Good luck with it.
The code for hiding Radio and TV has changed to enable the new feature that lets you set a default start item. Just hide them in the skin settings if you don't use them.

Nothing else should have changed though and I don't know what you mean by shortcuts.
-Wilbur- Wrote:Sorry, what are flags?
Perhaps we'll call them ticks... it's the choices you make in the skin settings to configure the skin.
-Wilbur- Wrote:installed a few subtitle add ons
Shouldn't be an issue unless they're ancient. I'll go back to post #2 suggestion.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suddenly, after the last start of Kodi, the settings have changed0