Req Setting/Switch to exclude automatic addition of main tv series cast to each episode
I believe the addition of a way to NOT have the main tv series actors automatically added to each episode would be useful.

As it stands now, short of removing all actors from the main tvshow.nfo it is not possible.

In the case of a long running show the main cast undergoes changes over the years. This can result in a whole bunch of of people, some of whom are totally irrelevant to that episode, being automatically tacked on to each episode. 

I scrape with an external program that has the option to include series actors in the episodes.nfo or not. Different metadata sources serve up the actors in various ways. For example, when scraping from IMDB the site will automatically provide all the actors in the episode (both main cast and guests) on a per episode basis. In the case of IMDB, selecting not to add series cast to episodes works best with the episode.nfo ending up with a complete list of actors in the episode without redundancy or extraneous additions. That is, in my mind, the ideal result. However, Kodi then goes ahead and messes it up by auto adding actors from the main tvshow.nfo. The only way I've thought of to circumvent that is to clear all the actors out of the tvshow.nfo. This method produces perfectly accurate episode info screens being displayed. However, down side being that series info screen looks a bit boring without the cast.

With some metadata sources, or in the case of short run shows, the current behaviour may be desirable. Hence the request for the user selectable option. Perhaps a setting/switch that is something similar to the 'show all artists' in music and music videos.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson
Using: Windows 10 Pro | Kodi 21.0 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.2 | Kodi 21.0  + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.2.7

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setting/Switch to exclude automatic addition of main tv series cast to each episode0