Recommended Router (Wireless N)
What router would you guys recommend for HD streaming across a network? Can N handle HD steaming? I currently have a WRT54GL with Tomato and although I love it, the hardware is outdated.
I got the DIR-655 a couple years ago and it works great. Although only one computer uses wireless (and its not running xbmc).....there are probably better options now though.
Although I may get shunted for this I use an Apple Airport Extreme with an Airport Express as the bridge. In apples configuration one can set up a WDS network or Wireless Distribution System. It prioritizes media over normal traffic and negotiates metrics with the bridge (or remote) with this task in mind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_Di...ion_System

I was running a WRT300N with DD-WRT previously but it too is outdated. That and it was locking up sporadically. The WDS is great as it appears as one access point even though the bridge is a repeater. In most other cases bridges make a separate subnet and make ip control tricky. I also use the android and ipod touch remote apps that both rely on ip access to XBMC. .

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recommended Router (Wireless N)0