LED on receiver for remote always stay on
I bought a Remote (with IR receiver) recently - RRC-127, which is similar to GP-IR02BK with same receiver.

In few previous posts, I was trying to get it working on my HTPC.

Yesterday night, I was trying to get it working on my Laptop (for testing purposes, so I can follow same procedure on my HTPC, to get this receiver working).

Today, I got it working on my laptop. The way I did it is: I removed previously install LIRC by make uninstall and removing from apt-get. Next I install CVS version by make & make install, and than reinstalled version from apt-get "sudo apt-get install lirc". This somehow worked (maybe CVS version had some extra files which wasn't included in Ubuntu's repository).
On Laptop it works just fine, I even installed XBMC to see if it will work there, and it did.

However, when I started to do the same things on my HTPC (the installation of LIRC). I did everything 100% same like what I did on laptop. Next, on HTPC, I connected receiver into USB port and run irw in terminal. I tried pressing few things on my remote...irw didn't return anything.. and also... receiver's light after that would not turn off, always stay on, unless I unplug the receiver.

In contrast, on Laptop that light would show up only when something pressed.

What do you think is wrong with it?
Why do I have this LED light problem on my HTPC (and Desktop too) but not on Laptop?
(They all use same Linux)
Is the display that your HTPC hooked up to a plasma? Plasma TV's give off infrared interference that can cause some infrared receivers to to be overloaded with erroneous IR input making the receiver unable to respond to IR commands because they are unable to differentiate them from the noise.

I have dealt with this problem myself. If you do have a plasma tv reposition or shield your receiver from your plasma tv until the red activity light on your IR receiver turns off. After that if you've set everything else up right you should be good to go.

Even if you don't have a plasma tv you might want to try shielding your IR receiver in order to see if the red light turns off. If it does then you have something else in your room that is causing interference.

Hope this helps.

-Bahndit
i had the same issue as Bahndit, but with a regular lcd screen, so IR interference is not limited to plasma screens only.

easiest way to test is just turn off your tv and check if the the led on your IR receiver goes off.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks for your replies. I tried to get it way from my LCD tv, but it didn't fix the problem. Could the wireless on the HTPC interfere with receiver somehow?
I think something wrong with USB ports on those two computers.

I unplug and pluged the receiver few times and used dmesg in terminal
Code:
[22490.424020] usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 5
[22490.619619] usb 4-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
[22551.562620] lo: Disabled Privacy Extensions
[22563.208539] usb 4-1: USB disconnect, address 5
[22578.804019] usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 6
[22579.004128] usb 4-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice

Then I tried using modprobe
Code:
[armen@armen-desktop uhci_hcd]$ modprobe -r uhci_hcd
FATAL: Module uhci_hcd not found.

Is there something wrong with driver for my USB ports?
kdar Wrote:I think something wrong with USB ports on those two computers.

I unplug and pluged the receiver few times and used dmesg in terminal
Code:
[22490.424020] usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 5
[22490.619619] usb 4-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
[22551.562620] lo: Disabled Privacy Extensions
[22563.208539] usb 4-1: USB disconnect, address 5
[22578.804019] usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 6
[22579.004128] usb 4-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice

Then I tried using modprobe
Code:
[armen@armen-desktop uhci_hcd]$ modprobe -r uhci_hcd
FATAL: Module uhci_hcd not found.

Is there something wrong with driver for my USB ports?

Was this resolved? I have the same issue.. The LED stays light on the receiver when connected to my new Zotac HD-ID11
I have the same problem. My IR receiver light is continously on most of the time. It's my LCD TV - switching the TV off makes the light go out. Also, if I move around infront of the IR reciever and stand 20cm away directly in front of it the light will go out so it seems to be picking up some interference being reflected back at it.

Any ideas how I can shield the IR receiver from the TV? I've tried moving the receiver to different locations but it becomes silly if it's sitting 6 feet away to the side from the rest of the equipment Rolleyes
Acer Revo R3610 | 2GB Ram | 160GB HDD
XBMCbuntu Frodo installed to HDD
Logitech Harmony One Remote
I will try after my g/f tv show to turn off the LCD but I didn't had that problem with Camelot and the IR was sitting just over the TV.

Yes my samsung TV ln46c630 create something because I have trouble with my HD cable box. (I hope it's not the HTPC)
I have a similar problem:

My ir receiver (terratec USB) works good (I call this one XBMC-IR)

But the annoying thing is that the LED on the XBMC-IR-receiver always flashes, no matter which remote i use.

I.e:
if I use my tv-remote, my tv-ir-led + XBMC-IR flashes
if I use my stereo-remote, my stereo-ir-led + XBMC-IR flashes
if I use my tv-digibox-remote, my tv-digibox-ir-led + XBMC-IR flashes

So, all my other machines are obviously smart enough to only flash their LED when the correct remote is used.
But my htpc/LIRC flashes all the time.

Is this a linux/LIRC "feature", or is the flashing "hardcoded" in the ir-receiver dongle?
If it's a linux/lirc feature, how do I disable it?

Best regards,
Johan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LED on receiver for remote always stay on0