XBMC doesn't play DiVX/XViD from SMB share
managed to get it installed correctly and set up accessing SMB (normal Windows Shares) off a "media PC" - however, it is yet to successfully play any Standard Definition .avi file... :-(

bizarrely, it doesn't at least attempt to play High-Def (720p) mkvs but constantly buffers every 15-20 seconds...

so, i'm a bit deflated at the moment!
I have the same problem. Doesnt play standard xvid/divx or starts for a second and then crashes xbmc. I can however play 720 content (h264 and mkv) fine however when playing 1080 content it buffers every minute or so.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Mine plays Xvid/Dvix SD just fine...

Please mention which device this is..
My Apple TV 2g plays divx/xvid 100% So it isnt a problem wtiht eh build or device
It's an AppleTV 2G...
switched from wireless-N to a wired connection, that let me play the files, but it was really really choppy and the sound was as though it was at half-speed...

just changed theme to PM3.HD and it works a lot better...
Could you provide more information about the files?size, framerate, etc.
I just recently bought 2 1 plays 720p mov fine other did not
Both accessing same smb share
1 was through non dhcp sever linksys 310n and other was on dhcp server 2 wire
The apple tv connected to 2wire buffered alot changed thet router out for belkin and all is well
I also turn on ac3 and dts that made for smoother playback as well
And the sd avi crashing I have this as well with large playlists of old avi's like south park s01 but not s7+
and apparently xvid 720p not supported yet
I had the same problem are you in library mode? if so switch to list no library and then select movie and hit play button on apple remote works for me. If i am in library mode will not work and crashes..

let me know

Joe
im getting the same problems here every file i play stops after around 5 mins and kicks me back to the main menu.all files do it mkv divx i dont know what to do Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC doesn't play DiVX/XViD from SMB share0