store movie information on source server
hi
is it possible to save the meta informations from movies or music at the server where it's stored? or is there a "scraping" program for windows available which searches for the meta information and which the xbmc can use afterwards? all my files are stored on a windows home server, the atv2 uses the smb shares.
greez
tom
Yes, I think I am wondering the same thing. On my main htpc server all of my media is ran through ember media manager and thus comes up in xbmc with all of the covers and information and everything. This htpc server has the drives connected directly to it.

My apple tv is running xbmc and connects to those drives through SMB shares. Is there any way to make xbmc add those smb shares as a library (think that is what it is called), where it can show the artwork and information for it on my appletv2 as well?
i can't download the Ember Media Manager. is there something similar?
Ember media manager revisited is out now and it works and can be downloaded.
hi again
sorry to use this old thread but i think its better than open up a new one...

i use ember media manager now and it works great. but there is an issues i want to clarify..

when i choose tv-shows from the xbmc menu (on an atv2) its nothing in there (0 items)? if i navigate to a folder with tv shows inside by hand than i can see all the files and its media information. why? when i scraped directly from the xbmc the TV-shows were shown under this menu. how can i configure the xbmc (or the ember media manager) so that i can see the tv-shows again this menu?

please help!
push
a-tom Wrote:hi again
sorry to use this old thread but i think its better than open up a new one...

i use ember media manager now and it works great. but there is an issues i want to clarify..

when i choose tv-shows from the xbmc menu (on an atv2) its nothing in there (0 items)? if i navigate to a folder with tv shows inside by hand than i can see all the files and its media information. why? when i scraped directly from the xbmc the TV-shows were shown under this menu. how can i configure the xbmc (or the ember media manager) so that i can see the tv-shows again this menu?

please help!

So it works if XBMC scrapes it, but doesn't work if Ember scrapes it? Just going out on a limb here, but I would look to the people who made Ember for help with Ember.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
store movie information on source server0