Making sure I understand shsh blobs
I'm just trying to make sure I understand this shsh thing. I did do the TinyUmbrella thing at one point for my 2 of my ATV2, iphone, ipad, etc. But I had not done it on another ATV2 I had. It was still on 4.2.1 and I decided I'd go ahead and JB it to get it the same as others and read where 4.3 is the best for now which the others are on. I understand the blobs are box dependent so you can't use one from another ATV2. Fine. But since this particular one had never been updated, I was expecting to do the Tiny thing and it get all the blobs from it's current 4.2 up to 4.4. However, the Tiny log says Apple is not signing 4.3 anymore, which I know. Does this mean every time Apple comes out with a release, I should do Tiny on everything to get that blob before Apple stops signing just to have them for the future?
If you ever want to downgrade then you will need the SHSH blobs for that version. So if you feel in the future you may want to downgrade to one of the next few iOS versions then yes you will need SHSH blobs.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
You must use tiny umbrella each time a new firmware comes out in order to save shsh blobs. That's how it works. So you will only be able to get the latest most current blob, not the ones you missed.
I did not realize that I would have to periodically pull each device and save blobs as they came out. Now I know. Well I hope XBMC works OK for me on 4.4 as that's my only option I guess.
daMouse Wrote:I did not realize that I would have to periodically pull each device and save blobs as they came out. Now I know. Well I hope XBMC works OK for me on 4.4 as that's my only option I guess.

Ya the blobs are device specific and you can only download them with your atv2 plugged in and while Apple is still signing that specific iOS version.

I'm guessing by 4.4 you mean Apple TV Software 4.4.4... it works fine for me. Versions: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_version...n_Apple_TV
No need to have the devices plugged in. Its enough to have them plugged in the very first time so tiny umbrella adds it to its list of devices.

On every later usage its enough to start tiny umbrella, mark the device you want to pull the shsh blobs for and pull them.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Making sure I understand shsh blobs0