No Full Screen while watching a Video
Hello at all! As you can see I´m new here...
I just built up my new HTPC and now i am setting up everything. The most things work very fine, but i have al litle problem:
When I want to watch a Video, there is a blck border around the Video

In the Menu everything is allright

Does anyone know whats wrong?

THX

Stoker

P.S. Sorry for my bad English!
Try hitting enter to bring up the OSD. Then go to the video menu. You can try "crop black bars" or change the "view mode".
SlaveUnit Wrote:Try hitting enter to bring up the OSD. Then go to the video menu. You can try "crop black bars" or change the "view mode".

Hi SlaveUnit! Thanks for the answer, but it didn´t help Sad
The wired thing is, that if I watch a movie and go to the settings Menu then, the Movie apears in the background - and its FullScreen.
By this time, I think it´s the fault of the ATI Driver. (I use a 4200 onboard chip and Win7 32bit).
So setting to stretch in view mode doesnt fill up the screen?
SlaveUnit Wrote:So setting to stretch in view mode doesnt fill up the screen?

No, it doesn´t.

Edit:
I found out what is the problem:
The Option "Adjust Display Refresh rate to match video" in the Video Settings was actictivatet. If I deactivate it the Videos are shown Full Screen but now I have to select the Refresh rate manually! And this is realy not satisfying...

Edit²:
Now i finaly found out whats the Problem!!!
The Underscan option of the ATI Driver has to be set to 0% for every single Refreshrate! I only set the Underscan Option to 0% at 60Hz, so the PAL (50Hz) and DH (24Hz) Videos were not Displayed Full Screen, but the Desktop and the XBMC Menu was...

I hope my fault will help someone who has the same problem in the future ;-)
Stoker Wrote:I hope my fault will help someone who has the same problem in the future ;-)

It did!Nod Thank you!Big Grin
Thanks Stoker! This problem was driving me mad but you have solved it. Well worked out and thank you!
ATI has had this issue for quite some time. I remember posts a few back that went through the same steps you did. Good work on figuring it out though!

I hope at some point in the future ATI fixes that crap.
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
Stoker Wrote:Edit²:
Now i finaly found out whats the Problem!!!
The Underscan option of the ATI Driver has to be set to 0% for every single Refreshrate! I only set the Underscan Option to 0% at 60Hz, so the PAL (50Hz) and DH (24Hz) Videos were not Displayed Full Screen, but the Desktop and the XBMC Menu was...

I hope my fault will help someone who has the same problem in the future ;-)

Sorry to be a noob, but how/where do I find these Settings.

Are you able to make a profile in the amd ccc for this kinda thing?
vipergrm Wrote:Thanks Stoker! This problem was driving me mad but you have solved it. Well worked out and thank you!

Same here on a brand new Zotac AD02 build, so thanks to all who helped here.
Skeetzor, in windoze, open control panel - display - adjust refresh rate - advanced settings - and open the amd driver config tab.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Full Screen while watching a Video0