Firefly Mini Remote
I am running XBMC on Windows Vista. I want to use the Firefly mini remote (IR) without using Beyond TV or Girder. I have tried LM Gestion and Event Ghost with no success. What I really need to do is be able to view the remote codes when I press the buttons on my firefly mini and then edit the default keymap. Running XBMC in Windows does not allow you to see the remote codes, so I am screwed. Does anyone know the codes for the Firefly Mini? Is anyone using the Firefly mini with XBMC without installing Beyond Media? Help!
I don't think the mini will fully function as a remote for XBMC. I tried unsuccessfully with the mini but the standard firefly rf controller works nicely with eventghost as a x10 device.
Google 'LM Remote Keymap' and download the software. Create a new profile for XBMC.exe and map all the remote keys to your keyboard using the "Presskey" function in the software. The program has to run in the background, unfortunately, but it works!
Thanx SikeMo - LM Gestion was the best solution.
Just found this thread as I am looking for a good remote solution for controlling xbmc on windows.

To clarify, I will need to get a firefly mini and then install LM Gestion to remap the keys on my firefly to the appropriate keyboard buttons, but only when xbmc.exe is the app running in the foreground?

Thanks!

EDIT: also, will it be possible to map the volume keys only on the firefly mini to control the volume on my samsung LCD, while all the other keys are being used to control the pc on which xbmc is running?
You will need a different lircd and keymap file for the mini, but maybe this will help someone

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Snapstream_Firefly

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Firefly Mini Remote0