• 10(current)
ARCTIC MC001 Fanless low cost HTPC
from where did you order ? the website i guess, it's shipping from hong kong, is that it ?
(2013-02-25, 12:03)aminemed Wrote: from where did you order ? the website i guess, it's shipping from hong kong, is that it ?
From arctic.ac website. And yes, surely from hong kong. Blush
Can anyone tell me the difference between these two options?

http://www.amazon.com/Arctic-MC001-N-Pas...ords=mc001

http://www.amazon.com/Arctic-All-Passive...ords=mc001

Is it just a different seller? Does the "T" mean anything?
Couldnt find anything so probably is different supplier Smile
The T model mentioned a built in TV tuner in the description. Not sure if the N model has it also, but tuner is not in its description.
(2013-02-25, 15:08)ch4zyx Wrote:
(2013-02-25, 12:03)aminemed Wrote: from where did you order ? the website i guess, it's shipping from hong kong, is that it ?
From arctic.ac website. And yes, surely from hong kong. Blush

you wait more but you got it cheaper
(2013-02-25, 16:11)pyrospawn Wrote: The T model mentioned a built in TV tuner in the description. Not sure if the N model has it also, but tuner is not in its description.

According to official website all units have tv tuner installed, also there is no T model

Models listed are:
MC001-N
MC001-E (with DVDRW)
MC001-DVD (with DVDRW, 4gb ram and 500gb hard disk, Windows7)
MC001-BD (with BR. 4gb ram, 500gb hard disk, Windows 7)
MC001-XBMC (DVD RW, 2 gb ram, 1tb hard disk, Openelec XBMC and Arctic Remote: not stated in specs but shown on advertise pic)
(2013-02-25, 17:46)solamnic Wrote:
(2013-02-25, 16:11)pyrospawn Wrote: The T model mentioned a built in TV tuner in the description. Not sure if the N model has it also, but tuner is not in its description.

According to official website all units have tv tuner installed, also there is no T model

Models listed are:
MC001-N
MC001-E (with DVDRW)
MC001-DVD (with DVDRW, 4gb ram and 500gb hard disk, Windows7)
MC001-BD (with BR. 4gb ram, 500gb hard disk, Windows 7)
MC001-XBMC (DVD RW, 2 gb ram, 1tb hard disk, Openelec XBMC and Arctic Remote: not stated in specs but shown on advertise pic)

That's good to know. I wonder why the different model (with the T) on amazon . I went ahead and order the N (non T) on amazon instead to replace an ATV 2 running xbmc. For the price, it is hard to beat. Thanks for clarifying.
I have a feeling they are the same model with just lack of specifications from the sellers.

I too am considering selling my M350 A6-3500 htpc for one of these. Save a little money and if it can run Aeon Nox smoothly I don't really care if it's less powerful.
well i give you a quick feedback on the machine, good thing is that it's absolutely silent, you don't even know wether it's on or off ! bad thing is that the built quality is very very cheap. It is true that we do not pay much but i think that there is a minimum that should be delivered!

We are far far away from a macmini quality...for instance, my arctic barely stands in its position without falling either left or right. I had to put it next to the wall..not that beautiful!
(2013-02-26, 10:28)aminemed Wrote: well i give you a quick feedback on the machine, good thing is that it's absolutely silent, you don't even know wether it's on or off ! bad thing is that the built quality is very very cheap. It is true that we do not pay much but i think that there is a minimum that should be delivered!

We are far far away from a macmini quality...for instance, my arctic barely stands in its position without falling either left or right. I had to put it next to the wall..not that beautiful!

You need to level your floor or shelves then! Mine sits rock solid on a level floor.

There is an absolutely huge price difference between the MC001 and the Mac mini so it's hardly fair to expect the the same build quality. The MC001 is one price level up from dumpster diving for parts!

For sub €100 I am thrilled with what my MC001 can do.
Also really happy considering i paid 100 euro for the hardware, shame its sold out or else i would have bought another one for my parents.
(2013-02-26, 10:43)Chris P Bacon Wrote:
(2013-02-26, 10:28)aminemed Wrote: well i give you a quick feedback on the machine, good thing is that it's absolutely silent, you don't even know wether it's on or off ! bad thing is that the built quality is very very cheap. It is true that we do not pay much but i think that there is a minimum that should be delivered!

You need to level your floor or shelves then! Mine sits rock solid on a level floor.

There is an absolutely huge price difference between the MC001 and the Mac mini so it's hardly fair to expect the the same build quality. The MC001 is one price level up from dumpster diving for parts!

For sub €100 I am thrilled with what my MC001 can do.

i'll post a picture of mine, how it's balacing continously without keeping straight..since i opened it to insert memory and disk, i'm struggling to have it back as it was..can you post me a picture of your arctic, or someone, to show me how the stand is fixed
The stand is rock-solid, on all 3 that I got. There must be something wrong with yours. BTW, you don't have to unscrew the stand, there are holes in there so that you can reach the screws on the bottom for releasing the side-panels.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
i unscrewed the stand maybe that's why..can someone post me a picture to see how i can get it back thank you
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ARCTIC MC001 Fanless low cost HTPC5