• 10(current)
Kodi client for Media Browser
The latest server release adds some great new features, starting with DLNA Play To! We can now detect devices on your network and offer the ability to remote control them.

Second, collections (movie sets), can now be created easily using the web interface:

A new identification feature has been added to the editing interface to easily correct mis-matches. Just type in a search term and click on the correct title.

Lastly, we've added support for Xbmc movie stubs (.disc file extension). Now you can create dummy movies in your library that will appear on the server. When you try to play them in our apps, they'll tell you to get up off of the couch and insert the disc.

Also one bit of news - the linux and OSX releases of the server are in final testing and will be available for download on the website soon. We're looking for more testers as well as developers who have experience releasing software on OS X and various linux distros. So let me know if you'd like to join the team and help out.
Awesome news!
Thanks, yea we're working hard to integrate with Xbmc by adopting as many of your conventions as we can. We support all your file & image naming conventions, we can manage nfo's, now we support Xbmc media stubs, and soon we'll be supporting your smart playlist format. So you'll be able to import/export smart playlists that you already have, as well as use the friendly web interface to design them.
Great news guys. Our latest release adds out of the box NFO support. That means we can read & write Xbmc metadata which will make it very easy for you guys to try us out.

I think we compliment Xbmc nicely so please give it a shot. Here's the release notes about the new NFO support:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.p...-released/

In addition we have a growing library of internet channels, allowing us to venture into new territories:

Also the XBMB3C team has some great things going on. We've got a Gotham repo setup, and now support a number of Xbmc skins. Many of them have been enhanced to support MB3 features:

I can confirm that the latest update is fantastic and development over the last months has been exceptional. Really well and perfectly complimentary to XBMC!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2014-03-22, 01:52)lukemb Wrote: Thanks, yea we're working hard to integrate with Xbmc by adopting as many of your conventions as we can. We support all your file & image naming conventions, we can manage nfo's, now we support Xbmc media stubs, and soon we'll be supporting your smart playlist format. So you'll be able to import/export smart playlists that you already have, as well as use the friendly web interface to design them.

Hi Luke,

Has this been implemented yet, or is there a rough time scale on when it should be expected?
It's not implemented yet, on the roadmap. I have it all planned out though so if I can find a new contributor to step up and take it, it might get done sooner rather than later.
Cool cheers Luke.
Its amazing how fast MB3 is being developed and how many useful features it keeps adding. Thanks for all the hard work, I wish more people would use it in combination with XBMC as they're made for each other.
(2014-07-16, 00:54)lukemb Wrote: Great news guys. Our latest release adds out of the box NFO support. That means we can read & write Xbmc metadata which will make it very easy for you guys to try us out.
You assume that people use NFO files. Many don't, some of us are happy to name our files correctly and let XBMC scrape the information from the net.

Can MB3 use the information in the XBMC database?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Are there plans for Mediabrowser to support RARed files? I installed the server to test this out but until that support is there I don't see myself using this full time..
I remember people did that over 10 years ago. What is the point to using rar files today? Makes no sense.
What rasstar said, and for mediabrowser support questions, they have their own forum.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-07-21, 00:55)nickr Wrote:
(2014-07-16, 00:54)lukemb Wrote: Great news guys. Our latest release adds out of the box NFO support. That means we can read & write Xbmc metadata which will make it very easy for you guys to try us out.
You assume that people use NFO files. Many don't, some of us are happy to name our files correctly and let XBMC scrape the information from the net.

We don't talk directly to the Xbmc database, but I suppose we could if there were enough demand for it.
(2014-11-11, 20:15)lukemb Wrote:
(2014-07-21, 00:55)nickr Wrote:

We don't talk directly to the Xbmc database, but I suppose we could if there were enough demand for it.

That would be so great
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi client for Media Browser3