• 10(current)
Jittery Video?
That wasn't my intention. The effort the whole XBMC Team is putting into the application must be astonishing I'm sure, I've seen how much the application has improved since the alpha releases in just a few weeks. That XBMC is an opensource project that is developed for all major Operating System simultaniously makes all this that more impressive.
And be assured the only reason I'm, coming back time and time again to read this forum is because the multimedia environment XBMC has provided is so far above any other out there, that I grinch every time I choose to use mplayer classic home cinema or VLC over XBMC - just because of the judder issue...

@issue:
I've just compared the results I get on 1080p h264 24fps files, as well as old fashioned SD files and I have to say, that my initial reaction might have been a little exaggerated. Compared to the playback on VLC and mplayerc XBMC is still a bit more jittery, the improvement setting vsync to "Let Driver Choose" and then activating vsync in the Catalyst Command Center might even have been smaller than the still existing discrepancy.

This is very hard to tell, since we are at a point, where expectations could have an influence on perception - All I can say for sure is, that there still is a judder, even with vsync set to "Let Driver Choose" and it still seems to me, that it is more distinct, than on VLC or mplayerc.
harlekin Wrote:For ATI Users, after you've activated "Let the Driver Choose", make sure, that your Display Resolution and your Video Resolution are both set to the Displays default one, then rightclick on your desktop and bring up the Catalyst Controll Center, navigate to 3D, select "all settings", and change "Wait for vertical refesh" to "On, unless the application states otherwise" (<- rough translation, may be named different.. Wink ) to geht vsynch enebled in XBMC. If you don't you'll have strong tearing and won't be able to tell, if there is any improvement/less judder.

Worked for me, thanks.
harlekin Wrote:This is very hard to tell, since we are at a point, where expectations could have an influence on perception - All I can say for sure is, that there still is a judder, even with vsync set to "Let Driver Choose" and it still seems to me, that it is more distinct, than on VLC or mplayerc.

Do you use 'High Quality Software Upscaling'? I get a lot of juddering if this is enabled.
No, disabled.
Hitcher Wrote:Do you use 'High Quality Software Upscaling'? I get a lot of juddering if this is enabled.

I had this disabled in my initial test.
I have this also, also panning or anything moving across the screen gives horizontal scan lines.

Jittery implies some kind of slowing down and thats not the case, its just very noticeable scan lines on every frame where its momentarily caught between 2 frames. Well thats my laymans way of explaining it.

I honestly can't say I've noticed it until Beta 2, and even then it might have been a later SVN build.

It is very annoying though!
HexusOdy: Did you enable Vsync?
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
tslayer Wrote:HexusOdy: Did you enable Vsync?

Yes T, I've had it always on and let driver decide, doesn't really make a difference. Also have WiSo's newer DLL's and again not really any difference.
Tried last night, with latest SVN. I left the driver decide (while forcing the Vsynch to be on in the Nvidia control panel), I forced Vsynch, I disabled Vsynch... tried everything.

Planet Earth Episode 2 was still unwatchably juddery at 24Hz, 48Hz and 60Hz. All refresh rates that work perfectly under DirectShow players + Reclock (well, obviously 60Hz has the inevitable 3:2 judder, that is).

I am surprised that there's not more noise about this. It makes the software unusable for me Sad

This on XP SP2, 2GB RAM, E2160 at 3GHz, 8800GT with latest drivers, onboard Azalia Realtek sound with latest drivers.
I do agree it is a major issue that needs to be resolved before Gold. I wouldn't say it is unuseable though.

I can watch 99% of SD AVI files with relatively minor Vsync issues. It is annoying and something needs to be done about it for sure. But still useable for now.
Yes,

from my point of view a lot of people came from the old xbox xbmc because of the lack of hd playback support. That´s why most of us setup their htpc and tried media player classic or the media portal. But in the end we all love xbmc because it´s fast, reliable and very good.

For me it´s currently the number one issue to see the playback here with gpu support for ati/nvidia as it´s already in place by other codecs.

For now I have to swap to media player classic ... and that hurt´s - because we all would like to have one GUI.

Smile
h3llsp4wn Wrote:number one issueSmile

100% agree. What is goin on? This media center is useless without this fix. Media Portal, GBPVR and WMP all play 720p mkv files perfectly but XBMC Windows barfs at the lowest bitrate xvid? This is a major problem and needs sorting before all other problems.
ashlar Wrote:I am surprised that there's not more noise about this. It makes the software unusable for me Sad

yeah me too. Needs sorting. This surely has been reported as a bug?
This is a already known issue. NO need to find all related posts and quote them ..
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
VDRfan Wrote:This is a already known issue. NO need to find all related posts and quote them ..
Srsly.. I'm sure they are working on it and don't need all the extra IMOs

(sorry to quote) hehe
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jittery Video?1