• 11(current)
Kodi 19.0 "Matrix" support
(2023-05-23, 18:55)konetzed Wrote: @ashlar @Karellen How do you feel about this?  I shifted the last play stuff over and capped the size of the left column? 

In the Dutch translated version the second column doesn't completely fit:

(2023-05-25, 13:48)ashlar Wrote:
(2023-05-25, 01:30)konetzed Wrote: New release up, fix for bug #1 Smile  I also removed the dependency on service.skin.widgets.  I finally made a test install on my desktop of kodi 20.1 and i could find anything that broke not including service.skin.widgets. I also noticed that it had commented out in @karellens zip.    Someone let me know if dependency change causes issues. 

https://github.com/konetzed/skin.transpa...tag/11.1.2

Good! Do you have ideas for features to add?

I think the next, quite important, step would be to implement the new subtitles styling options. As things stand, one needs to go to Estuary to set those up and then go back to Transparency!

I suppose having that functionality built in the skin could go a long way toward seeing it reinstated as a supported skin in the official repository.

Nice work. I'm really happy to be able to use Transpanency! on the latest Kodi releases. There are quite some bugs I think should be fixed before it can become an official skin again though:

#1: new episodes detected during startup are not shown in the recent additions. They are only shown after a restart.
#2: recent additions can not be started from the overview
#3: cdart (cdart.png in the album folder) is not shown on the spinning CD 
One thing which is not a bug but it's a long time pet peeve of mine is the way movement between items is handled in the Settings page.

Items are placed on a grid.

Top-bottom movement is wrap-around. So going down from System Info goes to System, going up from TV goes to Skin Settings, etc.

Left-right movement is NOT wrap-around. So going right from System goes to Services, instead of going to Player. Going left from Interface goes to Profiles, instead of going to System Info.

I would love for both axis of movement to be handled in wrap-around fashion. For consistency if nothing else.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2023-05-25, 01:30)konetzed Wrote: https://github.com/konetzed/skin.transpa...tag/11.1.2
Just a tiny blooper. User Rating and Rating are overlaying each other... https://github.com/konetzed/skin.transpa...#L414-L437
Maybe a toggle on which one users want displayed - either public ratings or user rating?

Could you consider adding rotating extra-fanart for movies and tv shows and music?
Also doing away with using fanart folders and instead use fanart and extra-fanart directly from the database?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-05-25, 18:28)xp_eric Wrote: #3: cdart (cdart.png in the album folder) is not shown on the spinning CD 
That is because we don't use cdart.png, we use discart.png...

discart.png is specified in skin.transparency\1080p\Includes_Workarounds.xml.
Do a search and you will see all the mentions. If you are not going to rename your image files, then change discart.png to cdart.png in that xml file. It will be overwritten each time you update the skin.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
great! I will rename my cdart files then.
@konetzed is this something you intend to carry on or you see yourself not having the time to follow the project?

I ask because, while understanding you're doing everything for free... I would want to avoid remaining on an unsupported skin for long.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Technically it's been unsupported since @ronie 's last update over 3 years ago.
As I've been using the skin for ~14 years I think I'll stick with it a little longer  Smile
(2023-05-31, 12:33)kurai Wrote: Technically it's been unsupported since @ronie 's last update over 3 years ago.
As I've been using the skin for ~14 years I think I'll stick with it a little longer  Smile
I understand and it's been the same for me. But Kodi has moved in the meantime, and there's stuff that should be there that it's not there. And things aren't gonna get better, unless somebody starts actively developing it.

I just wanted to understand what to expect, if anything. Obviously there's no entitlement in my asking, just curiosity and the will to plan ahead (in case I decide to move to a new skin). :-)

At the end of the day... the reason I stick to transparency is the fanart view. Still the best available on any skin, in my opinion. But maybe it'd be quicker for me to try and adapt that to a different skin, in case this doesn't get developed any further.
Agreed on the fanart views being the best around.

Out of interest ... what features, made available in later versions of the skinning subsystem, do you mean ?
I can see that some of the newer functionality would make a few of the workarounds unnecessary and a some of the more laborious constructions a lot simpler...
but are there any new Kodi features that Transparency simply cannot utilise, or new skinning engine components that you think Transparency really should have ?
(2023-06-01, 05:48)kurai Wrote: are there any new Kodi features that Transparency simply cannot utilise, or new skinning engine components that you think Transparency really should have
The most honest question, and worrisome for me, is simply "I don't know". It's worrisome because I'm left with the constant feeling that I might be missing out on something good.

Apart from minor things that are in need of fixing (some have been mentioned already here), the main thing missing are the new subtitles settings (mentioned already too).

But it's that "feeling" that I dislike. Even more so now that the skin has been moved to the archive section. Far fewer eyeballs to ask questions to, point out stuff, etc.
Well, the list of changes to the skinning engine per Kodi version are listed here, by @ronieKodi Forum > Development > Skinning v20 - Changes to the skinning engine for Kodi Nexus
(Older version changelogs in the post below)

When I've (occasionally) checked in with the list I've never found any super-critical *MUST HAVE!* items - your mileage may vary.
In any case... the latest version of the skin appears to be working for Omega nightlies too, at least for the moment.
Rainbow 
Seems to be working (at least for my needs Movies/TV shows/Misc Videos) in Nexus 20.1 ... I needed to update for AV1 and ASS embedded font support (from Leia 18.6). Keep up the good work.. I am current using v11.1.2 👍
@Karellen do you know if this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3174988 is going to influence Transparency!'s ability to run under Omega in the future?
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 19.0 "Matrix" support0