• 12(current)
2021 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max
(2024-03-05, 01:15)Tarkus_ Wrote: Kodi seemlessly supports split archives if your movies are too big to fit on FAT32.  Some archivers even have a FAT32 option to get the split parts as big as possible automatically.

partition size is still limited to 2TB on FAT32

so for my current content i would need 25 partitions each housing ~500 split movie parts
and who knows how much extra time spent splitting up 4K BluRays

but yea, not impossible i suppose
As @izprtxqkft kindly tested in a different thread, the 3rd-Gen Fire TV Cube is the only current Fire TV device that can read USB-connected NTFS-formatted drives and therefore as to the stick, the only hassle-free method to supply one's own video is through a file-server (HTTP, NFS, or SMB).
(2024-03-05, 04:35)selfcontained Wrote: As @izprtxqkft kindly tested in a different thread

oh yea thanks for reminding me - here it is https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=375624

as we found out an external drive wasn't particularly useful on the Cube Gen3
A few years ago, I set a family member up with a Fire Stick 4K (2018), an SMAYS adapter, and a 2 TB hard drive formatted to 1.4 TB FAT32, as anything above 1.4 TB put the stick into a reboot loop. Same thing happened with the CCwGTV Google sent me for free in 2020 for being a YTTV subscriber. The Fire Stick's wifi became very finicky about connecting, so I replaced it with the CCwGTV about a year ago. It had been updated to Android 12 by that time, and it now supports the full 2 TB. It works fine, but of course you have to live with the 4 GB file size limit.
(2024-03-05, 01:21)boboc Wrote: I use this Amazon Basics USB 3.0 to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Internet Adapter, Black.

The adapter cable I bought from Aliexpress. I assume any would work as they are purely mechanical. Make a search for "Fire tv usb otg adapter". There are two types: a small brick and with 20cm cables. I bought both and both work without issues. If you are in a hurry, Amazon sells them too (but to much higher prices of course).

Cool thanks. AliExpress takes forever to deliver to my country but I’m sure I can find something locally. I can find USB Ethernet adapters too but the chipset isn’t often advertised (apparently Ugreen uses Asix but can’t confirm).

Hope it works because even though the firestick reports 400mbs during test it pauses and buffers when playing… of course that could also be the server but it’s an SMB share on my PC and it’s connected to router using gigabit Ethernet.
(2024-03-05, 00:27)izprtxqkft Wrote: for my own use 250GB would be maybe 3-4 movies, back to the future trilogy is 200GB, john wick 1-4 is 328GB, hardly seems worth the effort to copy so few movies to a drive that is compatible instead of using a network file server like a normal person

My 250 GB SSD is partitioned to 32GB addition to internal memory and the rest is used as external. Partitioning and formatting was done on FS. The external partition is used only for music audio/video files, so no size limit worries.
(2024-03-05, 12:52)Carnajo Wrote:
(2024-03-05, 01:21)boboc Wrote: I use this Amazon Basics USB 3.0 to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Internet Adapter, Black.
Cool thanks. AliExpress takes forever to deliver to my country but I’m sure I can find something locally. 

How is it with Amazon delivery in your country? I ask since "Amazon Basic" adapter, which is guarantied to work, is sold by - Amazon.
(2024-03-04, 22:32)Carnajo Wrote: Still want to try the Ethernet adapter though because I’m getting pauses in playback even on WiFi 6 with my 4K Max 2023 model (the one with WiFi 6e) and hoping an Ethernet adapter would be more stable

Yes, Firestick's WiFi, although a decent adapter can be tiresome in some combinations; probably due to different chipsets/driver combinations. I also bought Amazon Basic ethernet adapter to overcome pauses to my router. Then after some time I got another additional router, attached by ethernet cable to main router, that is acting only as WiFi Access Point, and with it I get so good WiFi connection to FS that I took the ethernet adapter out of use; now using only WiFi.
So we are in 2024 and I can't solve this bug

https://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/0...-power-off

Upgraded to 4k max gen 2 for new os = no change

Upgraded to a new avr (Denon x2000 to x2800 other user reported no problem with x2800)

Tried other hdmi cable and fire stick connected directed to avr = no change

Tried other TV (Sony of 2012) = no change

Every f*** time I switch off TV I lost AFR function

Only solution possibile is to use Dr hdmi with a fixed Edid (but with this solution I lost hd audio)

besides amazon forum other users with the same problem in this forum?

I also in doubt to try fire cube 3 even if someone write that has the same problem

Amazon replied to me that would not solve is cause firestick was not designed to be connected to avr lol
Amazon is fine, no problems. I use Amazon often for things I can’t get hold of here. I live in South Africa but Amazon works out great and even does returns. They’re meant open an SA store sometime this year but not sure when. They actually have a large presence here, offices and staff, but it was all on the AWS side of things (bit of a digression but just out of interest).
Ah, makes sense. Ethernet adapter probably just easiest. For all I know it’s that the router is switching between “devices”. Don’t know the technical term but since routers can’t communicate simultaneously (guess I should say WiFi rather than router). As a test I might try separating the 5ghz band to its own SSID and have only the firestick use it.
Try also with only 5GHz enabled, i.e turn off 2,4GHz WiFi. On router choose manually low 5GHz channels, 36-42 with 80MHz channel width...
(2024-03-06, 09:15)Roby77 Wrote: I also in doubt to try fire cube 3 even if someone write that has the same problem

AFR works fine on the Cube Gen3 unless something changed in the last 3 months
Fire sticks are meant to be a cheap streaming device not really a quality media platform
(2024-03-06, 16:19)izprtxqkft Wrote:
(2024-03-06, 09:15)Roby77 Wrote: I also in doubt to try fire cube 3 even if someone write that has the same problem

AFR works fine on the Cube Gen3 unless something changed in the last 3 months
Fire sticks are meant to be a cheap streaming device not really a quality media platform

Ok I just ordered it let's give a try
(2024-03-06, 20:37)Roby77 Wrote: Ok I just ordered it let's give a try

right on

you need the advancedsettings from this post https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=376161
the part for Cube Gen3, "superviseaudiodelay" true

there is a setting in FireOS settings to enable the VRR, i don't recall what it is set to when it arrives so check that it's enabled

and Kodi master or beta 21, not 20.x, 21 has the audio fixes which 20 does not
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2021 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max0