• 12(current)
[RELEASE] Video Fanart Splitter Script - Movie and TV Show FanArt Seperation
Zenshi Wrote:The file extension really isn't a problem, but the filename is...

I'm developing a php/mysql script that displays the images from your script and, based on the filename (hence the need for the filename), retreive the plot, rating, votes, director, etc on a neat page and enables you to play the movie/tv show directly from the script...

sounds interesting :-)

will look into it if it's easy to add it as an option...or make it default behavior.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
teemac Wrote:1. The fanart for the last TVShow scanned into XBMC database does not get a fanart splitted until a new or a dummy TVShow is scanned in. The last TVShow never has a fanart.

2. All my Movies that are stacked also do not get a fanart splitted - eg: Earthsea-cd1.avi, Earthsea-cd2.avi - both in a single folder called Earthsea.

weird, i have no explanation for it.
maybe the fanart images hadn't been cached by xbmc yet...
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:sounds interesting :-)

will look into it if it's easy to add it as an option...or make it default behavior.

Great ronie, looking forward to it, having a bit of a problem with the script I developed to get the images, unfortunately doesn't work cross platform (windows don't have smbclient as linux/mac does) so your script could be a life saver!

Cheers,

Zenshi.
Is it possible to add an extra option to extract the "extrathumbs" files of the movie/tv show?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Is it possible to add an extra option to extract the "extrathumbs" files of the movie/tv show?

i think that's gonna be rather difficult.
the info is not stored in the database, so it's gonna be tough
to figure out the paths to all the extrathumbs folders.

listing the contents of those folders might turn out to be problematic too,
in case they're stored on a smb drive.
Zenshi Wrote:Great ronie, looking forward to it, having a bit of a problem with the script I developed to get the images, unfortunately doesn't work cross platform (windows don't have smbclient as linux/mac does) so your script could be a life saver!

hmmm....how should we handle 2 different movies with the same name?
ronie Wrote:hmmm....how should we handle 2 different movies with the same name?

Hmm, maybe using the year to diferentiate them?
Sorry for taking so long to respond, on vacations and access to internet is not always available.

Cheers,

Zenshi.
I'd just like to second the whole "files that have the name of the movie/tv show in them" deal.

As for the symbolic link, it seems there would come a point when a movie got removed and the link would be broken. Not sure if that would cause problems or not.

I use this script to allow for multi-image backgrounds (based on library contents) for the main menu movie and tv show menu items, and it frustrates me that xbmc doesn't just provide that sort of function out of the box. If it did, I'd have no need for separate folders, files with their proper names etc. But, as it is, those names would be immensely helpful for my managing the tv show background.

Thanks for all the hard work.
as requested, here's a new version that will use the movie / tv show / artist name as a filename:
script.artworkorganizer-0.0.4.zip

please let me know if you come across any issues.

this script will work with nightly builds only!
ronie Wrote:as requested, here's a new version that will use the movie / tv show / artist name as a filename:

Ronie, you're the best!
Gonna try it out and let you know soon.

Cheers,

Zenshi.
ronie Wrote:as requested, here's a new version that will use the movie / tv show / artist name as a filename:

This works awesome!

any chance you could make a dharma version?
isamu.dragon Wrote:This works awesome!

any chance you could make a dharma version?

nope, sorry.
well done sir! this shit is hot!
I use version 0.2.6 on dharma.
When i set the option of random fanart movies/tv-shows on true, i get the message script failed.

can someone help me.
frankie303 Wrote:I use version 0.2.6 on dharma.
When i set the option of random fanart movies/tv-shows on true, i get the message script failed.

can someone help me.

if you would be so kind to post a Debug Log of the script failing,
i'll have a look at it.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Video Fanart Splitter Script - Movie and TV Show FanArt Seperation2