• 150(current)
Release YouTube
(2024-03-28, 20:12)superdesi Wrote: Youtube 6.8.25 was the best. Never had issues in years.
I suspect that was more because Google wasn't f***ing around with the YouTube API at that time as much, unlike what they seem to be doing a lot as of late.

Just a few hours ago, I was watching YouTube without issue, but now I am getting similar messages as others, I will have to give the beta version a try.
7.0.3.2 really seems to be the only way to play videos atm...
Manjaro Linux @ minisforum UM780XTX / KODI 'Omega' (Flatpak)
plugin.video.youtube-7.0.5+beta.2 works for me. Kodi 21, Libreelec 11, x86-generic.

Many thanks!
yeap, plugin.video.youtube-7.0.5 is working with problems so far
See https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...2028092802

for resolution without going to a beta version.
Doesn't work for me unfortunately...
Manjaro Linux @ minisforum UM780XTX / KODI 'Omega' (Flatpak)
is anyone else getting the "error in content provider request failed"? 

I'm using v7.0.5 beta 2, everything is working fine except that I get that message, videos that I watch don't sync with my youtube account.
Worked for me, thanks!
For your convenience, here's what's behind koteufel's link:
Quote:I've resolved the issue by setting alternate client details in (Plugin 7.0.4) Settings->Advanced->Use alternate client details = Alternate #1
Looks like another youtube shenanigans around user agent.

https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...2028092802
Hi all,

You know what is *so* crazy about all this, I keep a copy of Kodi 15.2 (damn I wish the Kodi team would stop with the silly release names, I always have to hunt down the version number), and run version 6.8.17 of the anxdpanic YouTube addon. Worked then, still working today. I remember when releases happened every few months, at the most. Now it seems like every few days there's a new version, to *try* and squash some bug. That's just crazy! Something has really gone off the rails.

YMMV
I’ve sharted getting “error 10013 forbidden socket” on nexus 20.5.
Downgraded to 7.0.3.2 same issue, upgraded to latest beta, issue still shows but after about 2 minutes the content eventually plays.

Any idea what’s causing the initial error which eventually self clears? Was working fine before the recent windows update.
Disabling MPEG DASH seems to have fixed it for me (7.0.5 beta 4)
Kodi 20.4.0
Windows 10 22H2
Intel Core i3 4160
Intel HD Graphics 4400
Hello, in my copy of the YouTube addon, the video buffers quite a lot even when quality set to 144p. What can we do to fix this?
Using Kodi since 2020...
Check your networking.
Kodi 20.4.0
Windows 10 22H2
Intel Core i3 4160
Intel HD Graphics 4400
For those having issues with the Youtube API on Kodi.
I'm on the latest version of Youtube 7.0.4+nexus.1 and it works perfectly for me.
The only thing I had to do is go to the settings > Advanced > Use alternate client details and put this on Alternate #1.
Enjoy
Kodi 20.1 with Aeon Nox Silvo,
Nvidia shield Pro 9.1.1 with Android 11.
I 'm using YouTube (6.8.25) on Krypton (Kodi-17.6) with Python 2.7.13. The hardware is Amlogic S905W   ARMv8-A (64-bit), Cortex-A53.

Recently youtube videos in saved playlists are stopped playing, show error: "Failed to get player response for video_id "WgOKPF8LkA8".
I can't upgrade anything, since YouTube 6.8.25 version is the latest available for my hardware. Below is part of log with error:

okixexexeb.kodi (paste)

How to fix this addon?
  • 150(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0