• 18(current)
Release TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support
Twinther, can you shed some light on the changes to the XMLTV file location updates in 1.3.91? I don't see the option to define a directory any longer in the add on settings (it just shows XMLTV as a lone option without any additional fields), and starting it throws an error about invalid settings.

Is there maybe a default directory we should be using now?
(2012-10-10, 05:25)greatfront7 Wrote: Twinther, can you shed some light on the changes to the XMLTV file location updates in 1.3.91? I don't see the option to define a directory any longer in the add on settings (it just shows XMLTV as a lone option without any additional fields), and starting it throws an error about invalid settings.

I've allready reported this. he is going to fix that, he did it by a mistake Smile
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
(2012-10-10, 15:15)Maniac Wrote:
(2012-10-10, 05:25)greatfront7 Wrote: Twinther, can you shed some light on the changes to the XMLTV file location updates in 1.3.91? I don't see the option to define a directory any longer in the add on settings (it just shows XMLTV as a lone option without any additional fields), and starting it throws an error about invalid settings.

I've allready reported this. he is going to fix that, he did it by a mistake Smile

That is not how I read it. Looking at the release notes above he said he has dropped support for xmltv in Eden but it is still available in Frodo. I went onto a nightly build and it was back but the nightly was too unstable for me, everything broke, I panicked and went back to Eden and rolled back the version.

(2012-10-11, 00:18)OldTerrier Wrote:
(2012-10-10, 15:15)Maniac Wrote:

That is not how I read it. Looking at the release notes above he said he has dropped support for xmltv in Eden but it is still available in Frodo. I went onto a nightly build and it was back but the nightly was too unstable for me, everything broke, I panicked and went back to Eden and rolled back the version.

http://tommy.winther.nu/wordpress/forums...#post-2330
Read my post, then his....
Yes, Maniac is correct. It was a mistake on my end with the deletion of the xmltv settings.
I will try to make a new test release soon, perhaps this weekend. If you can't wait you can try the latest code from github: https://github.com/twinther/script.tvguide
The settings problem is fixed in that version.
Br.
Tommy
I've just tested it, and I get an error while opening tvGuide. the xml file works on the non beta release.

"It was not possible to load program data, because the settings are invalid"

Code:
22:30:43 T:78917632   ERROR: ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.tvguide
22:30:46 T:110600192  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
22:30:48 T:116846592  NOTICE: Settings changed: False
22:30:48 T:116846592  NOTICE: xbmcvfs.File() raised an exception - perhaps you are running XBMC Eden?

And yes, I am running Eden on appletv2....
I've just installed it again on Aeon Nox after a few months without it. I'm getting the 'settings are invalid' message as well. When I go into the settings, there's no option to add my XML file to the 'xmltv' option
Hey everyone,
I'm new here, just wanted to let you know how great this addon is. I'll finally be able to ditch my cable subscription!
I have 2 questions though. Everything runs smoothly so far, but I was wondering how did you guys manage to have the channel icons working.
I have downloaded them all from zap2it and they seem to be named properly and placed in an accessible folder but it doesn't show.
As well, how do you change the skin? I saw someone doing a blue simple skin, is that easily accessible?
Thanks a lot!
(2012-10-11, 22:33)Maniac Wrote: I've just tested it, and I get an error while opening tvGuide. the xml file works on the non beta release.

"It was not possible to load program data, because the settings are invalid"

Code:
22:30:43 T:78917632   ERROR: ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.tvguide
22:30:46 T:110600192  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
22:30:48 T:116846592  NOTICE: Settings changed: False
22:30:48 T:116846592  NOTICE: xbmcvfs.File() raised an exception - perhaps you are running XBMC Eden?

And yes, I am running Eden on appletv2....

Thanks, I'll take a look. Looks like I'm missing some workaround for Eden still Smile
I have uploaded a new test version (1.3.92) on my beta repo.
The changelog is small this time..

Version 1.3.92 - 2012-10-15
- Fixed error in settings introduced in 1.3.91
- Improve stream addon selection dialog
- Fixed loading of XMLTV on XBMC Eden (still no support for XBMC VFS)

I'm also curious if anyone is using the json-url source?

Thanks,
Tommy

The problem I'm having since the update is that, after adding an strm file to a xml listing and play the file, when I backup out of the vid back to the TV guide, it gets stuck on a loop of "loading data from external sources, approcimately 1 seconds left..." over and over.

I also get a 'submit error report' pop up sometimes when I click on a channel, then when I cancel, the stream loads anyway
Great addon Big GrinI use it all the time. I was wondering if there were any way I could modify it not to stop playback when I left the guide and navigated the rest of xbmc?
How do we apply diferent skins to this program-addon?
(2012-10-15, 20:02)twinther Wrote: I have uploaded a new test version (1.3.92) on my beta repo.
The changelog is small this time..

Version 1.3.92 - 2012-10-15
- Fixed error in settings introduced in 1.3.91
- Improve stream addon selection dialog
- Fixed loading of XMLTV on XBMC Eden (still no support for XBMC VFS)

I'm also curious if anyone is using the json-url source?

Thanks,
Tommy

Have been using this new version for a few days and very excited about how well it's working. Just a few quick questions:

1. Since I have the video overlay feature disabled, I need to use the Stop button to kick myself out of live tv and back to the guide. Unfortunately the guide always shifts up the the first channel in the guide creating a very abrupt experience. Is there anyway to keep the selected row as-is without defaulting to the first when you end a stream?

2. Have you considered building in a schedule / cron feature to refresh new XMLTV data? It takes ~10 minutes to rebuild for me, which can be pretty rough when you aren't anticipating it and just want to watch TV. Unsure if this is something that can happen transparently as a background service or not.

3. The auto-strm file selection doesn't seem to do anything, but I may be using it incorrectly. I added the directory where I keep my strm files to my favorites but nothing happens while I click the favourties option in the channel setting dialog.

Thanks again for this great addon!
(2012-10-16, 16:52)grope Wrote: The problem I'm having since the update is that, after adding an strm file to a xml listing and play the file, when I backup out of the vid back to the TV guide, it gets stuck on a loop of "loading data from external sources, approcimately 1 seconds left..." over and over.

I also get a 'submit error report' pop up sometimes when I click on a channel, then when I cancel, the stream loads anyway

I am also having this problem
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support11