• 18(current)
Jittery Video?
noikz Wrote:Had an identical issue and followed what mpw222 said and I'm now jitter free with no tearing. Thanks ! Big Grin

Glad that worked, in case it helps others, this is exactly what I did:

In the nVidia Control Panel I went to to 3D Settings -> Manage 3D Settings -> Program Settings and created a profile for xbmc. At the bottom of the option list in the profile you can find vertical sync, which says that it affects OpenGL in both Vista and XP. I turned that on and haven't had a problem since.

Running the 180.48 drivers on XP SP3 x86 with a Geforce 9500GT, 1080i output over HDMI.
I bit the bullet and installed Ubuntu to see if that was any better or at least to eliminate WIndows OpenGL as the problem, and I had the exact same issue on Linux.

I can say without a shadow of doubt that the problem for those of us with Intel VGA is the Intel drivers. Because the Linux versions are developed openly there is alot more info out there about the tearing problems. It is supposed to be fixed in Linux driver 2.5.1 but that won't be in Xorg until Ubuntu Jaunty comes out.

So Elupus is right and it is drivers for a good portion of people including ATI as there are driver issues there too with Vsync.

I think there may be something else in play for those that didn't have tearing with beta 2 and do now but thats beyond me. For everyone else I'm sure its drivers now.
Hitcher Wrote:Mine's been about +/-0.2fps since I enabled 'Let Driver Decide' in XBMC and setting my ATI control to 'On, unless application specifies'.

I did the same and it solved the problem. Thanks for the advice.

However I ended up with the next problem. I don't know if it's related.

Every time I start XBMC and play a video the picture is greenish or shows just a quarter of the movie. I already have the ATI hack in my advancedsettings.xml. This can be solved easily though. I just have to open the OSD and change the setting of "Interlaced" to anything else besides "Blend". "Blend" however is always the default choice on startup and I haven't found a way to make xbmc remember the setting. It all works fine until the next start of xbmc. Then it's "Blend" again and I have to change that manually to anything else. I tried "use these settings for all movies" but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

I can't find a corresponding setting in the settings section of xbmc. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Saving the last state is per movie. If you want it as default press "Set default for all movies".
If it's still not saved and you're running on Vista make sure you've started XBMC.exe with -p to assure the userdata is written to the user profile dir.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Eventually I got it done. I don't really know why but videos play fine now.

These are my settings now:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=262...stcount=17
Hi guys,

long time xbmc fan, noob poster.

I am still experiencing minor jitter with panning on my system.

1 PCS 341107 Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H,nForce-630i+GF7100
,m-ATX, Socket-775, DDR2, HDMI, PCI-Ex16

1 PCS 330169 Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz
Socket LGA775, 8MB, BOXED w/fan

2 gig ram.

using hdmi out to 1080p 100hz Samsung 52" LCD-TV LE52A656

what is annoying is that I have 2* Netgear EVA8000 & 1 Netgear EVA9000, and I am not experiencing any jitter at all with them.

i am using the killer sample as a test 1:00 in when cam is flying thru mountains.... the view of the mountains jitters a bit...

i have vista installed (just upping to sp1, fully patched.)

my nvidia settings are let 3d application decide.

any tips on how to improve this?
allow xbmc to change refreshrate according to movie fps. without it you will always have jitter on pans, no matter what.

DP
meob Wrote:Hi guys,

long time xbmc fan, noob poster.

I am still experiencing minor jitter with panning on my system.

1 PCS 341107 Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H,nForce-630i+GF7100
,m-ATX, Socket-775, DDR2, HDMI, PCI-Ex16

1 PCS 330169 Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz
Socket LGA775, 8MB, BOXED w/fan

2 gig ram.

using hdmi out to 1080p 100hz Samsung 52" LCD-TV LE52A656

what is annoying is that I have 2* Netgear EVA8000 & 1 Netgear EVA9000, and I am not experiencing any jitter at all with them.

i am using the killer sample as a test 1:00 in when cam is flying thru mountains.... the view of the mountains jitters a bit...

i have vista installed (just upping to sp1, fully patched.)

my nvidia settings are let 3d application decide.

any tips on how to improve this?

I've had the best luck forcing vsync for xbmc in the nvidia control panel, then disabling it in xbmc itself. Letting xbmc adjust refresh rate gives me audio sync problems with 24p material. That's all on XP SP3.
dpassent Wrote:allow xbmc to change refreshrate according to movie fps. without it you will always have jitter on pans, no matter what.

DP

so is that adjusting vsync in xbmcHuh

sorry, cant see a setting for fps?
try latest SVN.

DP
meob Wrote:so is that adjusting vsync in xbmcHuh

sorry, cant see a setting for fps?

Yes, look in the Video setting for 'Adjust Refresh Rate' and change it to ''Let driver decide''.
Hitcher Wrote:Yes, look in the Video setting for 'Adjust Refresh Rate' and change it to ''Let driver decide''.
Actually I think you have to just enable the option "Adjust Refresh Rate" in one place and change "Vertical sync" to "Let driver decide" in another place.

This works like a charm for me but I often have to delay audio by 0.2sec (I think only on 24fps-material).
TheJaff2 Wrote:This works like a charm for me but I often have to delay audio by 0.2sec (I think only on 24fps-material).

known bug for 24fps... dunno if anyone created a ticket for it tho...

DP
TheJaff2 Wrote:Actually I think you have to just enable the option "Adjust Refresh Rate" in one place and change "Vertical sync" to "Let driver decide" in another place.

This works like a charm for me but I often have to delay audio by 0.2sec (I think only on 24fps-material).

Yes you're right, I was getting my setting confused. Huh
dpassent Wrote:try latest SVN.

DP

thanks, where can i get this?

I have the latest installed from the downloads page...
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jittery Video?1