Compiling XBMC with amcodec
I know this is slightly off topic, but aasoror released a user build of XBMC 12.2 from the Pivos source yesterday (13 Aug git), I have a G-Box Midnight and it's working AOK for me.

http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php...&start=260

I tested your build and it's also working AOK.

BTW to Kostya4000, libstagefright does not work on amlogic chipsets.
I know that does not work on libstagefright amlogic, and for that I compiled with the included '- enable-codec = amcodec - enable-player = amlplayer'
(2013-08-28, 11:02)kostya4000 Wrote: config.log http://pastebin.com/UzndNnWe

you changes the wrong thing.

edit tools/depends/target/xbmc/Makefile

-CONFIGURE += --enable-codec=libstagefright
+CONFIGURE += --enable-codec=libstagefright,amcodec --enable-player=amplayer
did as you said. The result is simply a gray screen after the launch of the video.
logs strip off later.
wrong aml headers, see tools/depends/target/libamlplayer/Makefile and comment out the 4.2 patch
(2013-08-25, 17:26)vbelo Wrote: Here is the last build of 12.2 Pivos with network detection disabled :
xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug.apk (51.3 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!DlgUgCrZ!fvosH0wj9j...W0Y6dZ3UY0

Will compile 13 Alpha 7 later.

I am also having the issue of XBMC not detecting my USB ethernet adapter for SMB use. Can someone compile the latest Pivos October build with network detection disabled please. Thank you!
Is Android able to use your USB ethernet adapter ?
(2013-10-17, 20:22)davilla Wrote: Is Android able to use your USB ethernet adapter ?

Yes, everything works with the USB ethernet adapter in Android. In XBMC, addons are also working so internet media is fine. I get the ""Network is not connected" error when accessing SMB shares.

XBMC system info show IP address fine when on Wifi but with USB ethernet adapter, it shows 127.0.0.1

I can use XBMC remote when on Wifi but not with adapter.

Main Android settings shows IP address fine on both Wifi and USB adapter. Thanks for following up.

The modified build from vbelo enables SMB to work but XBMC remote is not working. I can live without XBMC remote but SMB is a must. Thank you to anyone who can compile the latest Pivos build with these fixes.
Hello. I have compiled Gotham (from yesterday or today) for the "Dual Core Enjoy TV BOX" (MyGica ATV520). If anyone wants to try it, it is available here. Fortunately, you all seem to have run into my problems before I did Smile

I've only tested it with a handful of videos, but it seems to work well (predictably, the wifi sucks). Overall its pretty smooth. One thing I did notice is that, unlike android, XBMC seems stuck in the wrong resolution -- not sure that is specific to this build though.
Hi guys. Complete noob here.
I know this is probably not the right thread but I don't know where to ask...
I have a Tronsmart VS ATV-106 which is similar in specs to a Geniatech/MyGica ATV520, at least same CPU&VPU.
The XBMC that came with it is an "old" Frodo 12.0.
Is there a newer Frodo 12.2 for this hardware?
I downloaded a slimmed down 12.2 for Pivos M3 from http://matricom.net/forum/discussion...ivos-xbmc-12-2 . It literally flies navigating the menus and loading but doesn't play a single media file. But apparently the Pivos M3 is not compatible with the Tronsmart VS ATV-106 (prometheus). Sad
Too bad because the guy has trimmed it exactly the way I would have trimmed it too (no launcher, no PVR, no weather, no repositories except XBMC.org, no scrapers.
Would you teach this noob (or point me where I can learn) on building my XBMC for AMLogic trimming all that stuff?
Bear in mind that I would use Gotham but I don't usually like Alpha/Beta stuff Wink
Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Amazon FireTV stick 4k Max
(worst device ever for running Kodi on...)

Kodi 20 Nexus
gone temporarily back to Kodi 19.5 due to Nexus subtitles font issues
(2013-12-04, 06:43)micahg Wrote: Hello. I have compiled Gotham (from yesterday or today) for the "Dual Core Enjoy TV BOX" (MyGica ATV520). If anyone wants to try it, it is available here. Fortunately, you all seem to have run into my problems before I did Smile

I've only tested it with a handful of videos, but it seems to work well (predictably, the wifi sucks). Overall its pretty smooth. One thing I did notice is that, unlike android, XBMC seems stuck in the wrong resolution -- not sure that is specific to this build though.

MICAHG,

Youre my hero, i've been trying to get a version of gotham running on my gbox midnight mx2 for 2 days in a row without luck,
till you're version came along.
I have to use the gotham version because of the updated pvr add-ons to watch my dreambox satellite receiver on xbmc.
without the aml player/codec enabled it tvv signal as well as hd recordings stutters, now alll is working fine.

Thank you very much.
Dj Kolk
(2013-12-04, 06:43)micahg Wrote: Hello. I have compiled Gotham (from yesterday or today) for the "Dual Core Enjoy TV BOX" (MyGica ATV520). If anyone wants to try it, it is available here. Fortunately, you all seem to have run into my problems before I did Smile

Good job bud !! Video Playback is very smooth. I did notice that 720 and 1080 streams crashed XBMC when trying to FastForward 10 minutes at a time. Other then that everything seems pretty stable.
@micahg,
According to this site iBoum both the MyGica ATV520 and my Tronsmart Prometheus ATV-106 run on the AMLogic 8726-M6.
So, shouldn't your build of XBMC Gotham work on my android box? Because it works, I can navigate menu, etc but it doesn't play any videos. I can hear the sound on the videos but no image.
Any advise?
Cheers

Kodi 20 Nexus
Well, it should work on any box running 4.1.2 (as I understand it). Thats why amlogic is a PITA to support -- you have to compile against a particular build of android... at least this is my understanding of it (based on davillas comments earlier in this thread).

EDIT: K, first, that thing is _ugly_ as sin. Second, what I can see says its already running 4.1.2, so I guess it should work. Not sure what to say.
Lol, yes indeed. Ugly as sin Smile.
Nevertheless it is cheap and easy to find/order online.
So you say it only works with 4.1.2? Darn, I've flashed an update from June that runs on Android 4.2.2.
Now my only hope is to learn how to compile XBMC for Android with the steps on your blog which to be honest won't be easy. I've already downloaded and installed lubuntu but then I couldn't find time to check the rest of the document.
BTW do you know how to build XBMC with no launcher, no PVR, no weather, no scrapers and no repositories except XBMC.org? I tested a build of XBMC without all that stuff and it literally flied. Heck, I still don't even know what a launcher is but that build seemed very similar to all the other builds I've tried so far.
Cheers

Kodi 20 Nexus

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compiling XBMC with amcodec1