• 2(current)
WIP Tube
(2014-05-16, 16:19)Mesoptier Wrote: Before I can release an alpha version, I need to implement a proper settings window and in-player settings, to make it at least a bit usable.

Would you consider adding the option for background images? Perhaps faded, so it still suits the rest of the theme..
Updated player OSD and added a subtitles menu.

(2014-05-19, 07:03)Vustom Wrote: Would you consider adding the option for background images? Perhaps faded, so it still suits the rest of the theme..

If you're talking about fanart images then yes, I might add an option for this.
This is so damn clean, can't wait for it, it's just what I've been looking for.
This is the cleanest skin i have ever seen. The only thing i am a "little" worried about (no so much in fact Big Grin) is the the full gray overlay on the video while showing the OSD. Often when a skin does that, it kind of feel weird. Especially when i want to use the OSD just to see the time or the runtime, kind of get me out (too much) of the video.

I will be enjoying that on my pi!
Just give us something to play with buddy Smile
(2014-05-22, 09:56)carmenm Wrote: This is the cleanest skin i have ever seen. The only thing i am a "little" worried about (no so much in fact Big Grin) is the the full gray overlay on the video while showing the OSD. Often when a skin does that, it kind of feel weird. Especially when i want to use the OSD just to see the time or the runtime, kind of get me out (too much) of the video.

Here's a video showing the updated video OSD and new subtitles dialog. The overlay is lighter if just the info part of the OSD is showing (when you press i in video) and gets darker when the controls become active as well.
Also, it might seem a bit dark here, but it's pretty feasible when you're actually using XBMC.

This looks very nice, extremely minimalistic Smile
Really like the way you implemented the subtitle searcher!

Just looked at the initial video, and i would expect that going back from the movies/tv-shows to the main menu would give 'zoom out' animation instead of zoom in, or is that just me?

Looking forward to the developement of the skin Smile!
This looks great. I wonder how it performs on a raspberry pi.
(2014-05-22, 13:03)Mesoptier Wrote:
(2014-05-22, 09:56)carmenm Wrote: This is the cleanest skin i have ever seen. The only thing i am a "little" worried about (no so much in fact Big Grin) is the the full gray overlay on the video while showing the OSD. Often when a skin does that, it kind of feel weird. Especially when i want to use the OSD just to see the time or the runtime, kind of get me out (too much) of the video.

Here's a video showing the updated video OSD and new subtitles dialog. The overlay is lighter if just the info part of the OSD is showing (when you press i in video) and gets darker when the controls become active as well.
Also, it might seem a bit dark here, but it's pretty feasible when you're actually using XBMC.
That s looks nice indeed, and pretty light. But i hope you are going to make it an option Tongue I am already asking a lot Big Grin
The reason is that i use an apple remote (which i totally love, best remote ever). The only problem with it (is it really...) is the limited number of button.
So i use the "enter/ok" button to show osd while playing. The first is that i love when a skin shows playing info with the OSD (like you seem to be doing) that way one button suffice.
But then the overlay will get darker Tongue

But anyway i can totally live with it! Your skin seems so amazing Big Grin
Added a trakt rating dialog, because I couldn't live with the default Confluence one :p I don't think I'm completely satisfied with this design yet, but it'll do for now.

Next up is player settings and the settings windows, after which I will release an alpha version.
XBMC is already setup for me so don't need settings or anything, so lemi test it Big Grin
(2014-05-27, 14:54)Vustom Wrote: XBMC is already setup for me so don't need settings or anything, so lemi test it Big Grin

I wanted to have settings implemented, so you could at least change back to the default skin without having to dig through the settings xml files. Right now I have the settings/settingscategory windows implemented, I only need to do the select dialog and then you'll be able to switch skins.

If you really want to try it out, check out the Github repo.
I love it Big Grin

Couldn't figure out how to download the fonts from Google Fonts without installing desktop apps, Font Squirrel website has all of the Roboto collection in a .zip with the correct filenames which can be found here

The only addon I'd like to see supported is XBMC Resume as I use that heaps due to never watching things to the end

Edit 1: When bringing up the options with the up key, it'd be nice if the back button closed the options instead of the screen behind taking a step backwards

Edit 2: Are any other addons required? XBMC never automatically downloads those for me even if the skin supports it
The video information window currently only has a large white box, just so I could test the open and close animations. You're probably getting this because your select action is set to "Info" instead of "Play". If you open the context menu (C) with the movie/show/whatever selected and then select "Play" it should start playing.

The view options problem is common with skins. The menu is not a dialog, but simply a hidden control in the same window, and XBMC doesn't allow skinners to modify "onback" functionality on controls. So sadly I don't see a way to make this more user friendly, but you'll get used to it after a few times. Smile

Currently the skin uses no additional plugins, only XBMC's builtin functions.
(2014-05-27, 17:28)Mesoptier Wrote: The video information window currently only has a large white box, just so I could test the open and close animations. You're probably getting this because your select action is set to "Info" instead of "Play". If you open the context menu (C) with the movie/show/whatever selected and then select "Play" it should start playing.

The view options problem is common with skins. The menu is not a dialog, but simply a hidden control in the same window, and XBMC doesn't allow skinners to modify "onback" functionality on controls. So sadly I don't see a way to make this more user friendly, but you'll get used to it after a few times. Smile

Currently the skin uses no additional plugins, only XBMC's builtin functions.

Figured that out, but thanks for the quick reply Smile

XBMC Resume uses XBMC's same builtin dialog as the menu from what I've seen, will test to see if it works okay
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tube9