WIP Chrome extension that tries to fix Netflix
I've updated the plugin now, I'm not sure if Chrome automatically checks for updates or not. Did anyone get a prompt to update?

Anyhow, what's new is this:
  • Navigation bug (where some users got diagonal navigation) is hopefully fixed.
  • Other navigation improvements.
  • You can now add and remove movies from your Watch List.
  • Profile switching (when you first start Netflix)
  • "New Releases" section available from the menu.

Let me know how if you get any problems, or have any suggestions regarding functions, design etc Smile
/Daniel

Edit: Noticed that Netflix sometimes places the watch list at the bottom if the page instead of the top. Just uploaded a new version that always moves the watch list to the top.
Nice. Looking good! New Releases is there at the top but for me it doesn't seem to work. It takes me to:
http://dvd.netflix.com/NewReleases?fcld=true
and is formatted weird:

Once there I am stuck in dvd.netflix.com unless I select Home.
Is there any way to go to a specific episode of a TV series? I don't think so but was wondering if it was something you are considering. Again, great job with this.
(2014-11-02, 15:24)3rob3 Wrote: Nice. Looking good! New Releases is there at the top but for me it doesn't seem to work. It takes me to:
http://dvd.netflix.com/NewReleases?fcld=true
and is formatted weird:
http://i.imgur.com/p6Tyj93.png

Once there I am stuck in dvd.netflix.com unless I select Home.
Is there any way to go to a specific episode of a TV series? I don't think so but was wondering if it was something you are considering. Again, great job with this.
This seems to be a regional problem again Sad
If I try to visit http://dvd.netflix.com/NewReleases?fcld=true, it tells me that service is only customer in the u.s.

The menu should take you to http://www.netflix.com/NewReleases but that probably redirects u.s. accounts to the page you are getting. Even if you manually enter http://www.netflix.com/NewReleases i guess?

Are your other problems solved now? The strange bold items in the menu and the directional navigation?

Oh, and I'm definitely going to add TV show episodes list, just need to find a nice and logical way to display them. Perhaps somehow in the info-box. I don't want to create different overlays for every function, but would like to keep the user interface as unified and as simple as possible.

Perhaps TV show episodes lists should be higher priority than search even?
Yep, it redirects me to dvd.netflix.com. I am starting to wonder if this, plus the bold items I am seeing in the menu, is because I have a DVD + Streaming Netflix plan. In fact I am almost sure of it so I wouldn't worry about that.

The info-box seem like a logical place to put the episode list. As for priority that is up to you, I would do whatever is easier first.
(2014-11-02, 16:31)3rob3 Wrote: Yep, it redirects me to dvd.netflix.com. I am starting to wonder if this, plus the bold items I am seeing in the menu, is because I have a DVD + Streaming Netflix plan. In fact I am almost sure of it so I wouldn't worry about that.
Ah, could be. That's notavailable in Sweden (Europe?) so I don't even know how it looks on the start page.

Do you mind just getting me a screen shot of your start page (without the plugin enabled), and also the genres menu (the one you get when you hover the mouse over "Browse" at the top, since that list is where my plugin gets the genre). I'm assuming the bold items you are seeing in the my menu are available there as well.

Anyhow, it's easy to filter out the extra stuff, just need to add a check, if the link goes to http://www.netflix.com/WiGenre*, which I assume the "faulty" menu enteries do not.
Sure
Homescreen:

Browse:
Ah, there they are, the bold menu items Smile I'll filter them out for the next release.
Thanks!
Ok, just tested all menus and navigation and it's working perfectly for me!!! I'm excited to get this setup by the time the wifey gets home!

(2014-11-02, 16:31)3rob3 Wrote: Yep, it redirects me to dvd.netflix.com. I am starting to wonder if this, plus the bold items I am seeing in the menu, is because I have a DVD + Streaming Netflix plan. In fact I am almost sure of it so I wouldn't worry about that.

The info-box seem like a logical place to put the episode list. As for priority that is up to you, I would do whatever is easier first.

I'm guessing that may be the case as I just only have streaming available and it redirects me to netflix.com/NewReleases. I've got a buddy who has the dvd option as well. I will see if he can give me his account info and I'll test it out.

Thanks again for your EXCELLENT and hard work on this!

*EDIT*
I also have the bold items in the menu as well, so I don't think it has to do with the DVD portion, but I do believe the fact that you are redirected to dvd.netflix is due to your having the dvd option.
I just uploaded a new version (0.2.3) that attempts to filter out the faulty bold items
If this does not work, could someone please send me the source of the home page WITHOUT the plugin enabled? Just right click somewhere on the page and click 'View page source'. Copy that and paste into a text file and upload somewhere.

(2014-11-02, 19:38)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: Thanks again for your EXCELLENT and hard work on this!
Thank you for the support! If you want to help, please just spread the word about this Smile
(2014-11-02, 20:21)scsii Wrote: I just uploaded a new version (0.2.3) that attempts to filter out the faulty bold items
If this does not work, could someone please send me the source of the home page WITHOUT the plugin enabled? Just right click somewhere on the page and click 'View page source'. Copy that and paste into a text file and upload somewhere.

(2014-11-02, 19:38)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: Thanks again for your EXCELLENT and hard work on this!
Thank you for the support! If you want to help, please just spread the word about this Smile

Beautiful, navigation is fixed and no longer shows the bold items!
I did some more testing and I've found if you are on the homescreen any movies I try to play by pressing enter or hitting info and choosing play do not play. I get redirected to netflix.com/inapplogin. If I go into the left menu and choose a category they play fine. It appears to only happen when on home screen.

*EDIT*
Home screen and New releases screen, categories appear to be fine.
(2014-11-02, 22:04)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: I did some more testing and I've found if you are on the homescreen any movies I try to play by pressing enter or hitting info and choosing play do not play. I get redirected to netflix.com/inapplogin. If I go into the left menu and choose a category they play fine. It appears to only happen when on home screen.
Ouch, sorry about that, was some debug code left in there, that logged the urls instead of navigating to them.
I've updated it with that fixed now (0.2.4), please try again. And thanks for your patience Smile

I'd like to have everything that's in there working properly before I start working on new features, so I can start of with a clean slate Smile
Beautiful! All navigation, menus and movies work! I gotta get this setup for the wife for now, but I definitely have a couple suggestions/requests later! Thank you again so much for this!
This looks absolutely amazing! I hope you are not too disheartened by the lack of initial interest. Judging by all the people who are struggling to make the NetfliXBMC addon working, I think there is a lot of potential users for this tool. I also agree that this is already very usable. I recommend removing some of the qualifications you use (maybe not put "super early preview" in the chrome extension title - just "beta" or "work in progress" or something similar. "Super early preview" makes it sound highly experimental and buggy)

One thing I would suggest is to have the sidebar be always visible. Since it is completely hidden, there really is no way for a new user to know it's there.

Also, since this is the XBMC forum, maybe put up a short how-to in the first post showing people how to launch chrome and netflix.com from xbmc? (Might not be necessay, but something to consider).
This is amazing work! Please continue working on this Smile I am so impressed by this community and the work that everyone does.
|Kodi: Nvidia Shield 2019|Media Server: Unraid 40TB|TV Tuner: HDHR Prime|Server Apps: TVHeadend w/ Cablecard (FIOS), Plex (Kodi backend), Radarr, Sonarr

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chrome extension that tries to fix Netflix4