Android Launch Kodi from FTV Home with no dummy app
nope
It's now showing as compatible tor my Fire TV.

Steve
If, for some reason, this method doesn't work, de-register and then re-register your FireTV device. This will also allow Kodi to show on the "recent" menue.
I'm also using two apps that are very good. One is called Fired TV. It's an alternative launcher which displays all installed apps, including those that are sideloaded, on screen.
The other one is called AFTV Launcher Helper. This one lets you use any app as a launcher.
No need for root or re-registering to use either app.
Both have a few very minor quirks, but overall they're both working very well on my stick.
Sorry if this post contains old news.
Jack
Nice. Now it just needs a pretier version of the icon.
am i being dense? this only makes it appear on the 'recent' apps menu ...it doesn't appear in your apps on FTV?
(2015-03-08, 05:20)jbaconbits Wrote: Nice. Now it just needs a pretier version of the icon.

Here are two Kodi icons (365 x 365) I recently customized. The Kodi icon with the blue border looks great on the Fire TV.

Image Image

I am not able to provide a zip folder for these icons. Is there a way for me to possibly provide a link?
Just to confirm what others have said; I de-registered then re-registered my fire tv stick and now the kodi apk I sideloaded is showing up on the recents tab. It doesn't show up in any other category however.
OP you are a genius.

Someone sticky this please
Just tried it there now on my fire tv, working great, thanks op.
I suggest editing the FireTV wiki page.

I was just about to do it myself but realized I need an account to edit the wiki, and accounts need to be approved by a human.
I got access and edited the wiki.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Amazon_Fire_TV#Lau...ome_Screen

I left the old Llama/Classic TV method in there just in case, but really nobody should do that now.
Nice, thanks for updating the page!
Just created an account, just to call you a F*cking Hero!!!
Awesome info worthy of a sticky! Goodbye IconoTV.

Thanks Anugraha.
Works for me on only one of my 2 fire TVs. Anybody else got it on multiple devices with the same account ID?. I've tried deregistering but doesn't show in recent apps list.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Launch Kodi from FTV Home with no dummy app3