SageTV soon to be Open sourced.
Yep Arctic Zephyr. Will work up a screenshot shortly
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
OK we are getting OT here now but never mind.

On the info screen hit the Cast button

Then you get this

Click on the Cumberbitch and bio info and a scrollable list of his movies appears:

Click on the Movies/TV/Crew button to get his TV shows

Click on one of the TV shows or movies and you get the info for that show/movie, including a scrollable list of actors.

And click on the Cast/Youtube button to get a selection of YT links, including trailers, right up to (allegedly as I haven'y tried it) the whole movie

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
PS this appears to be the work of the ExtendedInfo script - whether t works on other skins I have yet to determine.
(2015-03-12, 09:48)nickr Wrote: PS this appears to be the work of the ExtendedInfo script - whether t works on other skins I have yet to determine.
Yep extendedinfo is the replacement for metadata actors.

Afaik, I'm currently the only one who has implemented it for a skin on the official repo. However, it is being skinned for other skins: sualfred's mod of Bello for Isengard implements the script. Additionally, I know Jeroen is working on it for the Isengard release of Refocus and Piers is similarily working on it for 4.0 of xperience1080. Also, I'm pretty sure Hitcher is implementing it for his firetv skin.

I would expect we will see quite a few skins for Isengard with extendedinfo support (which, imo, is a killer feature for kodi).
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2015-03-13, 01:42)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-03-12, 09:48)nickr Wrote: PS this appears to be the work of the ExtendedInfo script - whether t works on other skins I have yet to determine.
Yep extendedinfo is the replacement for metadata actors.

Afaik, I'm currently the only one who has implemented it for a skin on the official repo. However, it is being skinned for other skins: sualfred's mod of Bello for Isengard implements the script. Additionally, I know Jeroen is working on it for the Isengard release of Refocus and Piers is similarily working on it for 4.0 of xperience1080. Also, I'm pretty sure Hitcher is implementing it for his firetv skin.

I would expect we will see quite a few skins for Isengard with extendedinfo support (which, imo, is a killer feature for kodi).
It's used by Mimic too, but users have to press down from the actor thumb. I need to figure out how you made it launch when clicking the actor thumb. Wink
(2015-03-13, 02:06)bryanbrazil Wrote: It's used by Mimic too, but users have to press down from the actor thumb. I need to figure out how you made it launch when clicking the actor thumb. Wink

Well guess I'm not the only one on the repo then Wink Tongue

You have to use a fake button to control the list and send focus to that rather than the cast list.
Code:
<control type="button" id="51">
    <visible allowhiddenfocus="true">false</visible>
    <onleft>Control.Move(50,-1)</onleft>
    <onright>Control.Move(50,1)</onright>
    <onclick>RunScript(script.extendedinfo,info=extendedactorinfo,name=$INFO[Container(50).ListItem.Label])</onclick>
    <onclick>Dialog.Close(2003)</onclick>
</control>

** Sorry about the thread hijack! **
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Sage is by far my favorite back end DVR and a decent front end too in regards to their native Sage client. It's good news that it was open sourced. Compared to NextPVR or Myth, it's fantastic. Hopefully with some development it will surpass any advantage WMC has.
Someone on Kickstarter once tried to crowdfund the development of a SageTV PVR client addon for XBMC/Kodi

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/380...pvr-plugin

That campaign didn't get funded, which is not surprising seeing how SageTV had already been sold to Google.
They have now created an official "SageTV Open Source" subforum on their community forums, and one of the first threads is a poll where you can vote for Kodi as you dream client:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62020

The subforum have have other threads containing some more answers on the open sourcing of the SageTV code, such as SageTV company founder Jeffrey Kardatzke saying Google will open source the SageTV platform within a few months from now, and the new software will be base on SageTV v7 (the last version that was released to the public), but it will include a number of changes that have been made by Google over the past few years. There won’t be any Google Fiber-related code (which means there won’t be native support for YouTube or Netflix, among other things), and no EPG data will be provided by Google. The new version will also include a new installer and it will be recompiled to have all licensing code removed before released. There will also be backwards compatibility support for media center extender devices going back all the way to the Hauppauge MediaMVP, but that is nothing that will interest Kodi users and should probably not be discussed any further here.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53
Anyone familiar with SageTV know if it supports PSIP data from over the air ATSC streams?
natethomas, Yes, When I was last had it on my system it did. So I imagine the OS version will.
So it has happened as of yesterday, Here is hoping we see some cool projects.
I've had my head buried in the "how to develop an addon for kodi" wiki for the past few days now. I know nothing of python, but have been writing logic for going on 15 years now. It is my full intention to one day have SageTV feeding my kodi setup, whether that be from me figuring it out on my own, helping out others piece together an addon to make it work, etc...

The group over on the sage forums can be a fickle bunch for sure. The are definitely staunch defenders of everything Sage. I've trumpeted the kodi mantra quite a bit over there, and have even pointed some forum-goers to great kodi wiki documentation when they claim "kodi can't do that" or "that's too hard to setup". I can remember first starting with Sage and just how long I tinkered to get it "just right". It seems some over there forget that adventure that most likely also had. So, I'm just trying to be helpful and point out the wealth of information that is in the kodi wiki.

I love Sage: used it for a very long time before moving on as I thought it was a dead, locked down project thanks to Google. It has possibly one of the best intelligent recording systems I've ever used. Set up a recording to record only new, pick your channel/channels, and just let it do it's magic. I have one dish sat box running on a colossus (also ran it on an hd-pvr as well), and it was beyond rare to have a recording missed due to a conflict. I've never been able to duplicate it outside of a Sage environment (windows only as that is what I prefer to run). I posted on the NPVR forums some basic excel logic on how to do this, and my only hope is that Sub takes up the cause and finds my idea worthwhile for new recordings. Until then, I'm stuck making dummy timeslot recordings for shows that throw conflicts, mostly satellite, and those timeslots could change at a moment's notice. It's working, just isn't quite there to what I'm accustomed to.

I have my kodi universe running 95% to my liking right now. The only thing missing is the feeling of "set it and forget it" for recordings, especially for my satellite box (I'm never concerned about my 4 hdhomerun ATSC signals). Sage running seamlessly along with kodi, feeding it recordings and using it for the little I watch live tv, gets me to 100%.
Mythtv is similarly flexible in terms of recording rules but the backbend doesn't do windows.
Yessir. Also, to my knowledge (and the MythTV wiki), there are no linux drivers for a Colossus. I don't know how up to date that info is however. There is for the HD-PVR, but when I used that device, reliability was sketchy at best. My colossus just works, 99% of the time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SageTV soon to be Open sourced.1