Kodi crashes in CWinSystemOSX::UpdateResolutions when TV turns off
Crash Log
Just wondering if there was any update on a fix for this? Will be it incorporated into the nightly builds and good for the next official release?
maybe this fixes the crash too: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14282

I was not able to reproduce the crash here.
That would be the test build to check it out:

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/osx/x...x86_64.dmg

I was able to reproduce the crash (needs a Mac mini where you can power off the external display) - just had not enough time to investigate any further yet.

It’s about calling Update resolutions when display reset callback is fired (which is done after turning off the screen) - and we run with display index 0 in there (because it doesn’t detect “no screen” properly and index is initialised with 0 somewhere) which at one point gives a bad access into the screens array.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks for the test build. Still the same issue. However with this build it opens and doesn’t change my resolution and not even open like the previous test. But still same issue when I turn off my TV and receiver.

Happy to post new logs if you want but as you have been able to reproduce it at your end I imagine you will look into it when you get the chance. Let me know if you need any testing from my end though or new logs.
Was just wondering if you have had a chance to investigate this further?
No as the complete log and crash report and time of mine is still missing Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Here are the logs from your last test build.

Crash

Debug
Thx ... this is some double free situation. Once I have a chance timewise again I hope I can find the cause by using that “zombie” mode of Xcode which was invented exactly to find those kind of bugs.
Awesome thank you Smile
hi  willing to test a new build with mac mini if you have one   let me know
any luck with finding the bug @Memphiz?
Dude you really over estimate my kodi time ... I have a 4 month old boy with a lot of poopoo dipers ...

This one needs more time to find then I usually have at hand in a row
No dramas at all. Apologies.
I hope I nailed it:

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/osx/x...x86_64.dmg

Please give feedback

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi crashes in CWinSystemOSX::UpdateResolutions when TV turns off0