MEMOHI UFO no DTS Support
(2016-10-15, 17:33)kinggo Wrote:
(2016-10-15, 14:53)Martijn Wrote: Try again with a nightly version
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/android/arm/
not that it makes any difference for me, but DTS option under passthrough is gone so how it is supposed to work if we cant even turn it on?

For me, it DTS option is still available under passthrough.
hm..... I'll try again then.
(2016-10-15, 17:35)Martijn Wrote: Am I supposed to guess what device you are even using?
Anyway if it's not there you can't use it. Quite simple
bravia TV.
But does that matter? It's just an option that was always there in every nightly I tried so far.
Cause we removed all not official support passthrough option and android lollipop doesn't have dts support
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-10-15, 18:44)Martijn Wrote: Cause we removed all not official support passthrough option and android lollipop doesn't have dts support

Do you mean that KODI can't play DTS on android Lollipop? then, how am I watching DTS and DTS-HD on Mininx U1 (android 5.1.1) using SPMC. Is SPMC a special case?
I did not see a Debug Log with latest nightly.

But yes - AML used a non official API on everything < Android 6. They told us, that they will stick to standards starting with version 6.0 - as it seems this is not true :-( - and we now even have more mess to cope with.

I exactly know what happens on your machine: It tells Android 6, it says it would allow all formats, dts, ac3, eac3, dts-hd, truehd - but what it does not tell is, that this is only available via the old AML IEC non API conform way ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Return the device and wait till there's a proper android 6 version for amlogic
Here is a debug log from Minix U1 running Kodi 17 nightly 10/11: http://pastebin.com/cmrv1MmB

Like @husseinb mentioned, all HD audio passthrough is working on the Minix U1 including Dolby TrueHD/Atmos eventhough it isn't detected as a supported stream.
Here is the debug log from MEMOHI UFO running latest KODI nightly
http://pastebin.com/4TQzu6fp
There's no amlogic android 6 firmware out that is worth using. If you bought a box that has it just return it or use it as a doorstop until amlogic and you box manufactur has released a correct version.
@husseinb: Your MEMOBOX UFO has Amlogic S905X SoC with Android Marshmallow (6) firmware. It is different from the Minix U1. Like @Martijn said, all S905X/S912 boxes have crappy firmware at this time and this includes the highly hyped Xiaomi Mi Box.
Yeah, what I said above.

AMLogic says: "There exists no Android 6 software for our devices out there, we are currently working on that and want to make the audio standard when we release it".
But certain vendors with aml chips already ship Android 6, which uses the old non official AML API.

Kodi uses the non standard API on all Android 5 and lower AML boxes and uses the new standard conform API on Android 6 and later. I implemented this to not keep users in the rain with those (old) boxes.

Problem clear? We have not a single way to differentiate between them.

Problem for me: Making the audio work on your box is a single line of code, which would certainly kill (active noise) other AML user's ears that will get the "standard conform" update later on.

I should have removed _all_ the AML specific support once and for all with no mercy at all ... I really, really regret that I ever allowed such a non standard mess in koid's Audiotrack sink - it will not happen anymore.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
No they ship broken version where neither RAW nor IEC works which I told you already. No matter what you do these boxes are broken
The just do the same as all AML boxes before them ...

I would be thankful for a log after this is finished: http://jenkins.kodi.tv/job/Android-ARM/9539/

If that "works" the same way as Android 5 for you, we can confront the AML guys IF they have also shipped some "official" Android 6 version with the old API to their customers.
Here is the build: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk will need some 20 minutes until the mirror has synced.
You know exactly! what they did as i told you!

The engineer said on 23 September:
Quote: I tried your test APK with my android M , dts/dd+/dd passthrough with raw data is
OK. Maybe your firmware is old,have some issue. I am working on DTS-HD

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MEMOHI UFO no DTS Support0