• 2(current)
OS X OSX Leia Nightlies seem to have broken 'Adjust Display refresh rate' function.
Unrelated - I think there was an update of the addon yesterday - not sure if it broke it or if it is meant to fix it - only saw the update notification but didn’t try it out.

Do you have some 29.xx FPS content aswell by any chance? Would be interesting if it switches to 60hz now ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Well something fixed itself overnight as this morning i can use the Netflix Add-on ok, thanks to this i was able to test 29.xx content and that is switching my TV to 30Hz.

It seems to be switching all contents exactly as i wish now, I'll give it a thorough test today and let you know if any issues arise.
But right now its so far, so good...Thanks for giving it your attention chaps.
Hope you are still around - can you try this build aswell please?

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/osx/x...x86_64.dmg
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Sure, wont get a chance until tomorrow though.
I'll report back my findings.
(2018-06-20, 18:59)Memphiz Wrote: Hope you are still around - can you try this build aswell please?

This version seems to be working exactly the same as the last version i tested mate.
All content switches my display to the desired refresh rate.
I've tested 23.xx,24,25,29.xx,50 and 60.

If i don't whitelist eg 1080p@30, then the display switches [email protected] content to 60Hz...
If i do whitelist eg 1080p@30, then the display switches [email protected] content to 30Hz...
i presume this is the desired behaviour?

Working great for me now.
(2018-06-21, 13:58)gb160 Wrote:
(2018-06-20, 18:59)Memphiz Wrote: Hope you are still around - can you try this build aswell please?

This version seems to be working exactly the same as the last version i tested mate.
All content switches my display to the desired refresh rate.
I've tested 23.xx,24,25,29.xx,50 and 60.

If i don't whitelist eg 1080p@30, then the display switches [email protected] content to 60Hz...
If i do whitelist eg 1080p@30, then the display switches [email protected] content to 30Hz...
i presume this is the desired behaviour?

Working great for me now.

Yes :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Hi @Memphiz

I was just trying Leila Beta 3 (never too late) and I encountered the refresh rate issue... Can you please share one of your build because the one you provided is no more available and the latest night builds still has the issue.

Thanks !
MacMini (end 2014) - Core i7 3Ghz - 16Gb - Intel Iris 1536Mb
macOS 10.12.6
Kodi 17 + Testing Kodi 18b3

The solution was not accepted. You could try to mimic the wanted behavior by using overrides in the advancedsettings.xml like so:

https://pastebin.com/5b1qaiSf

Please give that a try and report back.
(2018-10-16, 07:22)Memphiz Wrote: The solution was not accepted. You could try to mimic the wanted behavior by using overrides in the advancedsettings.xml like so:

https://pastebin.com/5b1qaiSf

Please give that a try and report back.
Ok thanks a lot for the help.

Well unfortunately very partial success : some movies switch the TV to 60hz,  most are stuck at 50hz and very very few switch to 24hz (and I even do not understand why one and not the other !) 

My setup : 
  • macOS 10.12 set to 1080p/60hz 
  • When starting v17 : no change
  • When starting v18 : switch to 50hz (why ?)
  • White listed : 1080p/60/50/30/24
  • Set Adjsut Refresh to always
  • Added video refresh rate override to advancedsettings.xml

In conclusion :
  • in v17 movies were switching from 60hz to 50hz and to 24hz, in v18 they are displayed at 50hz, very few % at 24hz 
  • in v17 kodi was running at 60hz for the GUI (macOS settings), in v18 kodi switch to 50hz at startup (I did not found a way to make it respect macOS default res.)

How can I display the refresh rate (detected/used by Kodi) when playing a movie (is there a specific keyboard shortuct ?)
Less than 5% of movies that were previously playing fine at 24hz in v17 do not plays at the right rate in v18 -> are the override values too narrow ?

For test only, is there a way for me to try one of your test build to see if it works on my setup (I understand that it's not an accepted solution) ?

PS : the thread has been marked as "Solved". Does it mean it works like v17 for others ?
MacMini (end 2014) - Core i7 3Ghz - 16Gb - Intel Iris 1536Mb
macOS 10.12.6
Kodi 17 + Testing Kodi 18b3

No idea who marked the thread as “solved”

Please post a debug log (wiki) for one single movie that doesn’t behave right with the overrides.

I can rebuild that test build but it’s not current Kodi Code then but from the time where Fritsch implemented the proposed changes...
(2018-10-17, 07:21)Memphiz Wrote: No idea who marked the thread as “solved”

changed
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Here is the test build

I am experiencing the same problem, KODI is not switching to a whitelisted resolution.

In my view it has something to do with the fact I am forced to use a window mode, which makes it impossible for a monitor to switch.
When using fullscreen mode and disable the "use fullscreen window"-setting it results in a totally black screen and is therefore no option for me.
I am using the latest nightly beta on iMac, Mac mini and MacBook pro.
I am also using LibreElec which has no window mode at all and switching works perfectly.

Is there a way to make the disabling of the "use fullscreen window"-setting work?
Which Kodi version?
Kodi V18, latest nightly.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSX Leia Nightlies seem to have broken 'Adjust Display refresh rate' function.0