change splash.png file
I installed openelec 8.0.4 but I don't know where to add my new skin files which I made it before!

the estaury skin located in usr/share folder which is protected and read only which I can't add or edit the skin!

where is the best location to add or edit the skin.

Thanks for support  Big Grin
Additional skins go in the 'addons' directory.  This is '.kodi/addons/'.  So, if you have edited a skin, it needs to go in a directory called, for example, '.kodi/addons/my-skin-name/' and all the xml files etc go in there.  Note that you will need to edit the addon.xml to reflect 'my-skin-name' so as to avoid conflicts with any original versions you may have installed.

Perhaps looking here would be of help for you.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
I go to storage/.kodi/addons but didn't find the skin.estuary there!

If I added my new skin in that folder path I couldn't get it from kodi change skin ?

thanks
I added also estauchy skin in storage/.kodi/addons folder and I couldn't be able to see it in change skin kodi !

the xbmc.gui version is the same!

any help please!
(2018-08-29, 13:29)mohammadsaeed01 Wrote: the estaury skin located in usr/share folder which is protected and read only which I can't add or edit the skin!
There is a reason for it being 'protected'... Smile

Leave the original skin alone, and make a copy in the /storage/.kodi/addons folder. Change the name of that folder and the skin itself, and its designation in the addon.xml file, otherwise Kodi will not see the difference between the original and the copied one. Also make frequent backups of that skin, because if you f*ck up (and you will..), you will need your backup. And you probably need to go back to the original (working) skin from time to time.
"Change the name of that folder and the skin itself"

so I copy the skin.estuary from share folder and change the folder name..what shall I do with addon.xml?

thanks
Ehh.. Start opening the file and examine its contents?
I copied the skin.estaury from share folder to /storage/.kodi/addons folder then I changed the name to skin.myskin and I changed the name in addons.xml file with the same of skin folder but still the same problem!
strange!

I installed openelec v 7.0.1 

then I put my own skin in /storage/.kodi/addons/

without change any thing in addon.xml

And I can see it in change skin!

what is the problem with 8.0.4?
Have you enabled 'allow unknown sources' in the addon manager ?  I don't think Kodi picks up addons just dumped into the addons directory any more without that enabled.

BTW, all this stuff, editing skins, creating a properly zipped addon (to be able to install it through the addon manager) etc is all in the WIKI.  Link is up at top but https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on_structure and https://kodi.wiki/view/Estuary_Modification are good places to start learning.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Even after enable unknown resources still can't see the new skin!

it's very strange!
Copied skins have nothing to do with "Unknown sources". If the newly copied skin is not in Kodi's listing of installed skins, you simply made a typo/error somewhere.
Actually I talk confluence skin folder and paste it in .kodi/addons folder but didn't see it!

why when I copied it in ver 7.0.1 I saw it but in version 8.0 didn't see?
You can install the Confluence skin in Kodi 17 as an alternate skin.
The Confluence skin from Kodi 16 (copied from your old setup) will not work in Kodi 17.
So you mean ..openelec 7.0.1 is Kodi 16? and Openelec 8.0 is Kodi 17?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
change splash.png file0