Kodi not displaying all TV Shows
(2020-12-21, 22:06)Rossi_1 Wrote: So, this means that if I create the NFO using TinyMM and a different database, Kodi does not overwrite it when doing the online check?
Correct. Kodi will not overwrite the NFO. It does a quick check and continues to use the NFO file. If you want to avoid that, then delete the <episodeguide></episodeguide> tag out of the nfo file.

(2020-12-21, 22:06)Rossi_1 Wrote: It's not many. Only 5 out of 67. It was a great tip. Thanks!

Anywhere else I an look at?
Not sure. Again, check the <episodeguide> tag and see if it is TVDB or TMDB then use the appropriate scraper or delete the tag as explained previously. If you are using TMM to create all your nfo files, then you don't need that tag. Try deleting it for one show and see what happens.

(2020-12-21, 22:06)Rossi_1 Wrote: This is interesting, and goes back to my question above. If I understood, Kodi does not overwrite the NFO I create with another software, such as TinyMM?
What does it use the online information for?
It is a bug introduced in v17 that has never been fixed. But now with the move to Python scrapers, there is no need to fix it as the Python scrapers does the check differently.

(2020-12-21, 22:06)Rossi_1 Wrote: If I access the context menu either in Movies or TV Shows and run "Update Library", Kodi reviews everything.
It is looking for changes. It needs to check your files to find changes. If there is no change, then it moves onto the next file.

(2020-12-21, 22:06)Rossi_1 Wrote: there's a submenu that mimics the folder structure in my NAS.   Is that possible?
It should be, but post a screenshot so I can see what you want. Most skins allow you to add new menu items, just not the default skin.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-12-21, 22:51)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-12-21, 22:06)Rossi_1 Wrote: Anywhere else I an look at?
Not sure. Again, check the <episodeguide> tag and see if it is TVDB or TMDB then use the appropriate scraper or delete the tag as explained previously. If you are using TMM to create all your nfo files, then you don't need that tag. Try deleting it for one show and see what happens.

I deleted the NFO file and set Kodi to update the library. It ignored the series and did not create a new NFO.

So, I used TinyMM again to create a new NFO using TVDB and ran the update library again. Still does not appear in Kodi's UI.

I looked into the NFO of one of the series not displaying and found this: https://api.thetvdb.com/login?
It's followed by my API key and and an id string that varies by series.
It's seems to be properly pointing to TVDB.

One interesting thing is that Kodi counts the number of TV series correctly (67). It simply does not display some of them.

Continuing the testing, I copied a new TV series to the root folder "TV Series", ran TinyMM again and created the NFO using TVDB. Updated the library again and this new TV series is showing normally.

I opened its NFO file and it's the same thing under <episodeguide>

So, the series not displaying, and being ignored during "update library", has the exact same string under <episodeguide> as the new one and another displaying normally that I opened to compere.

TVDB has that series, since when I run the scrape using TinyMM it finds it normally there.
First enable setting 3.6- Show empty TV shows here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Videos
Do your missing TV Shows appear now?
Delete them from the library and rescan them.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-12-22, 01:27)Karellen Wrote: First enable setting 3.6- Show empty TV shows here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Videos

Hi!  I could not reply yesterday.  The forum limits my posts to 9 per day.

I had that setting already enabled since the very beginning.  So, it seems that it's not it.

Here's my settings:
In the TV Shows scanning I have TVDB
Use DVD order - off
Use absolute ordering - off
Enable fanart - on
Language
enable a fall back language for search and details - on
fallback language - en
get default rating from TVDB
also get ratings from IMDB - off

selected folder contains a single TV show - off
exclude path from library updates - off

Here's where sometimes when I hit OK it scans only the TV Shows folder.  However, most of the times it does nothing.

Now, here's a weird thing I noticed today.  I added four more TV Shows to to that TV Shows root folder and used TinyMM to check  on them, using TVDB.  It found all of them.

I then  got Kodi scanning to update the library after that.

It initially showed all four new series.  However, one of them Kodi did not display its episodes.  It was blank when I clicked on the show's porter.  I browsed back and went check the other new three ones.  They were fine.  So, I went back looking for the one that did not show the content and it had disappeared.  I scanned again and it never showed again.

I compared the four NFO files and all have the same info under episodeguide
Quote:  <episodeguide>
    <url cache="auth.json" post="yes">https://api.thetvdb.com/login?{"apikey":"XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX","id":YYYYYY}|Content-Type=application/json</url>
  </episodeguide>

I can run another debug log and do a library scan.  Would that help?

Thanks!
(2020-12-22, 01:27)Karellen Wrote: First enable setting 3.6- Show empty TV shows here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Videos

Forgot to post this one:

Under Settings>Media>Videos the values the default one. I only touched a couple.
All
Default select action: "show information"
Use video tags: off
Extract video info from files: off
Extract thumbnail from video files: off
Extract chapter thumbnails: off
Files:
Combine split video items: on
Replace file names with library tiles: on
Library:
Show "all items" entry: on
Show information for unwatched items: movie plot, episode, episode thumb
Show movie sets: on
Include sets containing a single movie: off
Flatten hierarchy: off
Flatten TV Show seasons: never
Show empty TV shows: on
Select first unwatched TV show season/episode: off
Download actor thumbnails: off

Anything I should change?
[/quote]
I deleted the TV show with problems from the library and rescaned.  I showed up again but empty again.

The folder is set the same way as the others.
Folder name matches the file name, and are named following the instructions
filename S01EP01
filename S01EP02
etc.
(2020-12-22, 23:20)Rossi_1 Wrote: filename S01EP01
filename S01EP02
That is the problem. EP01 is not recognised. It needs to be S01E01
My Signature
(2020-12-22, 23:42)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-12-22, 23:20)Rossi_1 Wrote: filename S01EP01
filename S01EP02
That is the problem. EP01 is not recognised. It needs to be S01E01

Fascinating! It worked! I renamed the files using the S1e01, etc. and rescaned. The episodes showed up. Thanks! :-)

Now, please explain why Kodi recognizes other files using that naming. There are several other TV series, which episodes that Kodi sees and shows normally using that numbering method.
I even have a couple series that are only one season and one use ep01, ep02, ep03, etc that show up normally.

Another interesting thing is that some series have one NFO file for each episode while others only have one for everything.

Just curious. :-)

Thanks!
(2020-12-23, 00:00)Rossi_1 Wrote: I even have a couple series that are only one season and one use ep01, ep02, ep03, etc that show up normally.
See the table in section 6.3 here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_file...e_Episodes middle column, first line

You can use ep01 but it is for a single season only. And as you state you used them in a single season, without the S1 in front of it, it works.

(2020-12-23, 00:00)Rossi_1 Wrote: Another interesting thing is that some series have one NFO file for each episode while others only have one for everything.
Is this for TMM created nfo files? I can't help you with that.
My Signature
Hi!

Back to making Kodi's menu matching my folder structure.

Would you rather that i start a new thread topic, so it might also benefit others?

Thanks!
Another question: if I cannot find any information inline using the databases, is there a way to force Kodi to recognize the series?

While going through them, I found one that I checked using TVDB, IMDB, and a few others but none came up with anything.

However, in another website dedicated to this kind of movies and TV series, there's enough information for me to create the NFO file.  However, Kodi will not find it in any of the places it looks for it.
(2020-12-24, 02:10)Rossi_1 Wrote: Another question: if I cannot find any information inline using the databases
It is very rare that an entire TV Show is missing from all the databases. Provide the name of the show and if you can find it on IMDB, provide the link also.
My Signature
(2020-12-24, 02:18)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-12-24, 02:10)Rossi_1 Wrote: Another question: if I cannot find any information inline using the databases
It is very rare that an entire TV Show is missing from all the databases. Provide the name of the show and if you can find it on IMDB, provide the link also.

The TV series name is The Mysterious World

Here's a link to the website where I can find it: https://mydramalist.com/33962-secret-twelve-palace

It has another name (Secret Twelve Palace) and also I looked for it in TVDB's website directly using it, but wasn't able to find. 

Thanks!
(2020-12-24, 02:42)Rossi_1 Wrote: It has another name (Secret Twelve Palace) and also I looked for it in TVDB's website directly using it, but wasn't able to find. 
It was not too hard to find on TheMovieDB... https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/95460
or in IMDB... https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11286080/?r..._sr_srsg_0
It looks like TVDB also had an entry but it was deleted for some reason.

Swap the scraper from TVDB to TheMovieDB or TMDB TV Shows and scrape instead of trying to create your own nfo files. If there is information missing from TheMovieDB, then edit the entry, and wait a few hours for the servers to be populated with the changes before scraping.
My Signature
(2020-12-24, 02:56)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-12-24, 02:42)Rossi_1 Wrote: It has another name (Secret Twelve Palace) and also I looked for it in TVDB's website directly using it, but wasn't able to find. 
It was not too hard to find on TheMovieDB... https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/95460
or in IMDB... https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11286080/?r..._sr_srsg_0
It looks like TVDB also had an entry but it was deleted for some reason.

Swap the scraper from TVDB to TheMovieDB or TMDB TV Shows and scrape instead of trying to create your own nfo files. If there is information missing from TheMovieDB, then edit the entry, and wait a few hours for the servers to be populated with the changes before scraping.

Can I run library updates using different scrappers without breaking the others? I understood we could only use one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi not displaying all TV Shows0