Android Unable to access NFS in ver 18.9
(2020-12-30, 11:37)kinggo Wrote: there's a reason why i have .0/24 at the end in my exports. And I see them on my TV which is .25, lap on .39, another TV on .22, tablet .38 and they all point to the same shares on .29 where server is.

I tried to add the subnet mask, but it is still unable to access:
shell:

/home/linux-server/Videos    192.168.1.2/24(rw,insecure,all_squash,anonuid=1000,no_subtree_check,anongid=1000,async)

Even I turned the firewall off:
shell:

$ sudo ufw status
So then - Debug Log time - else -> no further help possible.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
And while you added your mask and the 8 bits will mask properly, the standard way of doing this is: 192.168.1.0/24
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
BTW @hallergard, This issue occurs on my Android phone in both VLC and Kodi too!
Suggest trying * instead of ip-address range in /etc/exports + "sudo exportfs -ra" in terminal
(2020-12-30, 12:31)hallergard Wrote: Suggest trying * instead of ip-address range in /etc/exports + "sudo exportfs -ra" in terminal

Actually I run more radical command:
shell:
if (killall -HUP rpc.nfsd && killall -HUP rpc.mountd); then /bin/true; else (/etc/init.d/nfs-*server stop ; /etc/init.d/nfs-*server start) fi
Is possibly your android device's ip-address outside the range 2/24?
(2020-12-30, 12:09)mbnoimi Wrote:
(2020-12-30, 11:37)kinggo Wrote: there's a reason why i have .0/24 at the end in my exports. And I see them on my TV which is .25, lap on .39, another TV on .22, tablet .38 and they all point to the same shares on .29 where server is.

I tried to add the subnet mask, but it is still unable to access:
shell:

/home/linux-server/Videos    192.168.1.2/24(rw,insecure,all_squash,anonuid=1000,no_subtree_check,anongid=1000,async)

Even I turned the firewall off:
shell:

$ sudo ufw status
well, yes. You did. But your export is still only for the machine on 192.168.1.2
With NFS you can create the same share with different permissions/attributes for every single client. So unless you wanna create the same export for your android with its 192.168.1.x address then this will never work because with .2 you limited access to just that one client. With .0/24 at the end you make it available to every client on the network.

my example is as simple as it can be. But that's just media and since I'm the only one who is actually doing something on the network, rw and the lack of any other security is not an issue.
(2020-12-30, 13:44)kinggo Wrote: well, yes. You did. But your export is still only for the machine on 192.168.1.2
With NFS you can create the same share with different permissions/attributes for every single client. So unless you wanna create the same export for your android with its 192.168.1.x address then this will never work because with .2 you limited access to just that one client. With .0/24 at the end you make it available to every client on the network.

Sorry I didn't mention that I applied your suggestion, but it gives me the same error (actually I did all the mentioned suggestions)!

Any way; The recent configs I applied is:
  • NFS exports:
shell:

/home/linux-server/Videos    192.168.1.0/24(rw,insecure,all_squash,anonuid=1000,no_subtree_check,anongid=1000,async)
  • Kodi sources.xml:
xml:

<sources>
    <programs>
        <default pathversion="1"></default>
    </programs>
    <video>
        <source>
            <name>Videos</name>
            <path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.1.2/home/linux-server/Videos/</path>
            <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
        </source>
    </video>
    <music>
    </music>
    <pictures>
    </pictures>
    <files>
    </files>
    <games>
    </games>
</sources>
  • Kodi log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/pedaxemudi.kodi

IMPORTANT REMINDER: I successfully tested the same NFS exports on another Linux machine. It works fine even when I applied all your suggestions.
(2020-12-30, 13:37)hallergard Wrote: Is possibly your android device's ip-address outside the range 2/24?

Absolutely not. See the log please:

NOTE: I tested 3 different Android devices (1 TV Box and 2 mobile phones) and I can reproduce the same error.
In your initial post you use 192.168.1.2 in exports as client.  If I read the logfile correctly 192.168.1.2 is the server.  Have you tried just * in exports?o
(2020-12-30, 17:09)hallergard Wrote: In your initial post you use 192.168.1.2 in exports as client.  If I read the logfile correctly 192.168.1.2 is the server.  Have you tried just * in exports?o

If I understand you well; The following config didn't work too (I don't believe it's a correct config)!
shell:

/home/linux-server/Videos    *(ro,insecure,all_squash,anonuid=1000,no_subtree_check,anongid=1000,async)
(2020-12-30, 16:38)mbnoimi Wrote:
(2020-12-30, 13:37)hallergard Wrote: Is possibly your android device's ip-address outside the range 2/24?

Absolutely not. See the log please:

NOTE: I tested 3 different Android devices (1 TV Box and 2 mobile phones) and I can reproduce the same error.
well, dunno much about reading logs nor am I that good with networking but it seems that it can't actually read that folder. Which brings me back to the fact that your export attributes are wrong. Try with something more simple and see how it goes. Or the permissions are wrong. But I do have different owners/modes across folders inside the share and it still works.
More than a few of my attempts ended in a similar way. I was able to reach shared folder but KODI didn't see anything inside of it. From that point, it was trial and error with different attributes under export line.
(2020-12-30, 17:20)kinggo Wrote: Which brings me back to the fact that your export attributes are wrong.

How these attributes wrong and Kodi on other machines works!
Kodi successfully connect under Linux machines (I tested it using my wife's laptop too)
Until now, I made my tests for:
  1. Laptop1: Kodi 18.9 / Linux (successful)
  2. Laptop2: Kodi 18.9 / Linux (successful)
  3. Phone1: Kodi 18.9 / Android (fail)
  4. Phone2: Kodi 18.9 / Android (fail)
  5. TV Box: Kodi 18.9 / Android TV (fail)
My initial config and all your suggestions worked fine with devices 1 & 2 while failed with 3,4 & 5
Yes that is what I ment.  I do not understand this with netmask so I got away with it by using *  May I suggest you remake the exports like in your initial post, copy the line for each client device and change the ip-address to that of each device.  If no luck we can move on to ownership and permissions issues etc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to access NFS in ver 18.90