• 2(current)
Kodi broken after Nvidia Shield Experience 9 Update - Nvidia 9.1.0 now available
I have a different issue with 9.0.1, whenever I stop something playing, no matter if its local, from NAS, or even YouTube/Twitch, the screen goes black and never comes back to Kodi, which then have to be restarted.

I remember sometimes having a similar issue sometimes with Kodi 18.x on the Shield, but Kodi 19.x have worked fine, until this 9.0 release messed things up. Sad

My other apps seems to work fine, VLC, Twitch, YouTube, Plex etc, only noticed Kodi as one having issues, but since its my "main" app from which I did everything in, I would prefer it.

Edit:
Waiting for a few minutes on the black screen seemed to bring Kodi back, but of course a "bit" annoying to wait a few minutes between every video you watch, especially if its like smaller youtube clips.
(2022-01-13, 15:36)MrMagic Wrote: Nvidia is saying on their forum that app developers need to update their apps to support the new Android TV 11 file system permissions model.

How very nice... So the bridge is no longer open, and we are being asked to take the long winding detour road.
I stupidly installed the 9.0 update last night without coming here to check first if there were any problem reports. I should've known better.

Does anyone know a way to revert back to 8.x?
It is really annoying with what Nvidia did with their 9.0 update (and even with their hotfix). I am unable to select movies to watch from my shared external hard drives with Kodi on my Nvidia Shield. Files do not show up and only folders. What a pain in the ass!

Even with the suggestion from Nvidia to go change permission on apps to "Allow all the time" - some apps have it but others like Kodi doesn't so I am unable to change permissions.

Perhaps Kodi can come up with a newer release that has the "allow all the time" permission change switch? Or perhaps a newer version of Kodi that would be Android 11 friendly?
(2022-01-13, 18:05)ponkotsu Wrote: I stupidly installed the 9.0 update last night without coming here to check first if there were any problem reports. I should've known better.

Does anyone know a way to revert back to 8.x?

I would be interested too if there is a way to revert back to the previous version.
I have a peculiar issue with the new 9.0 and Kodi, it simply does not start, gets stuck on the matrix screen and says it is waiting for the external storage. However, if I reboot the Shield and start Kodi, then it all works. Once Kodi loads all movies are in the library and playable without problems.
wait for 9.0.1 if you can Smile
(2022-01-13, 14:51)beeswax Wrote:
(2022-01-13, 13:46)Klojum Wrote: I think I'll wait a bit with the 9.0 upgrade before all (hot)fixes have passed by.

Same, there's a report on the ShieldTV reddit that 9.0 messes up deinterlacing of live TV/PVR (1080i 50Hz UK specifically) so that's reason enough for me to avoid it for a while, or indefinitely if Nvidia show no interest in fixing that.
they have acknowledge the bug and will fix:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/for...w-shield-/
9.0.1 is out but you have to subscribe to become available to your Shield
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/for...fix-image/
Day1 hotfixes... the new Day1 DLC.
(2022-01-13, 18:32)thezoggy Wrote:
(2022-01-13, 14:51)beeswax Wrote:
(2022-01-13, 13:46)Klojum Wrote: I think I'll wait a bit with the 9.0 upgrade before all (hot)fixes have passed by.

Same, there's a report on the ShieldTV reddit that 9.0 messes up deinterlacing of live TV/PVR (1080i 50Hz UK specifically) so that's reason enough for me to avoid it for a while, or indefinitely if Nvidia show no interest in fixing that.
they have acknowledge the bug and will fix:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/for...w-shield-/

That's great!  Thanks for the info.
According to the HotFix blurb "Resolves issue with [SHIELD 2019 base model] SD card occasionally does not get detected after reboot"

I have A nVidia Shield TV Pro 4K with Kodi running on a USB  drive or was until updating to android 11

Any know if this will resolve USB drives detection?
Anyone know how to actually get this hotfix? I have an Nvidia account, but no details there how to install.
Fist time ever having post-update issues with the ShieldTV, learned my lesson to wait next time.
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
(2022-01-14, 00:46)christoofar Wrote: Anyone know how to actually get this hotfix? I have an Nvidia account, but no details there how to install.

Read this forum post:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/for...fix-image/

There is a link to a form that you have to enter your serial number in and then wait until the hotfix gets pushed to you.
I did, I clicked on that link and it just reloads that same page, ...oh wait..I see where the info goes. Thanks!!
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi broken after Nvidia Shield Experience 9 Update - Nvidia 9.1.0 now available0